Re: [APEX LEGENDS] FPS DROPS, SCREEN TEARING and INPUT LAG!!!

by AXiONMAMBAAA

Original Post

★★★ Novice

Yeah about scanline sync, I love it.  Titanfall 2, which is probably the same if not a very similar engine, doesn't like when I use the scansync option.  Well it does, but if I set the scanline sync setting in RTSS to anything but 0, the game fps is capped at 60 regardless if I set a framerate limit in RTSS.  The tear line does move up towards the top of the screen but it still visible, but the game feels smooth.  I want to run the game at 120fps because the mouse response is much better than at 60fps. 

Message 11 of 12 (1,114 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Yeah but all of this stuff with Gsync, RTSS, Scanline sync adds input lag.. And also for Scanline sync to work 100% you need really powerfull graphics card to maintain those frames for example 144fps and you need always be below 60-70% usage otherwise it will tear. Idk other Source games runs perfectly even at higher fps 500-700fps without cap and the screen tear isnt even noticeable but Apex its different storry... Maybe when apex will move to Steam something will change but now its laggy and not very well optimized. 

Message 12 of 12 (1,104 Views)