Re: APEX LEGENDS 100% CPU | LAG/STUTTER

by T0toro21

Original Post

Accepted Solution

APEX LEGENDS 100% CPU | LAG/STUTTER

★★★★ Novice

High or maxed out CPU usage (100%), happened from nowhere. I was playing and I started to notice that I had lag the first day, so I quit playing. The second day I started playing without any issues, about 1hr in I started noticing the same problem as the first day. My frames were still as they should be (around 120-144fps) but all registration in the game was extremely off. If I shot someone it would register half a second later, If I'd grapple with Pathfinder the grapple would stutter once or twice and it connects weird and delayed. Same with jumping, sometime's I get half the jumping height, it's really weird and it's really hard to describe. 

Then I noticed in task manager that my CPU was working 100% with Apex being the problem (the same with Origin).

I see posts, videos and other forums talk about this everywhere but very few have the luck of fixing it, I'm still stuck with my favourit game being unplayable.

I've tried:

• Re-installing the game

• Down prioritizing the game for the CPU

• Tinkering with video-settings

Pls halp...

Message 1 of 30 (66,658 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice
@T0toro21 @Zeelmaekers

I might have come to a solution which is:

I updated drivers for my motherboard in BIOs and after that I reset the whole BIOs whith pressing the CMOS button on the motherboard and I have an ASUS MAXIMUS VIII HERO motherboard.

For now Apex runs smooth and as it should run without CPU being on 100% usage!

View in thread

Message 15 of 30 (77,062 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

4-core processor ?

I fixed my stuttering issues by lowering my screen refresh rate to 100Hz, works fine for me and others

Message 2 of 30 (66,622 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Use Rivatuner Standard smile cuts a big chunk out of your cpu and gpu usage

Message 3 of 30 (66,557 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@NOopsrg_topmodeLL Same happened to me after updated my win to 1903, and I fixed it with deinstall the 1903 version.
Message 4 of 30 (66,537 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@OhhhBABYOhhh but that was in may when the update came, this problem started a few days ago Frown
Message 5 of 30 (66,519 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@GuntherWolfgangz I've seen it online and I felt like it's just waste of time, I use GPU Tweak II from asus, but I will definetly try it out as I'm running out of options!
Message 6 of 30 (66,518 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@T0toro21Yes, 4-core. The thing is I've played like this since day one of Apex (release day). Same setup today as then and no resent patches had been pushed. It happened suddenly, after 1hr-ish of playing from nowhere :/ But I will try!

Message 7 of 30 (66,517 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same here, it has to do with Nvidia/Windows and obviously their need to get those 4-core processor obsolete.

I even changed my RAM, MB and Graphic card but none of that seems to be related with that problem Disappointed

Changing my screen setting to 100Hz has been the only workaround for me, and gosh believe me I tried them all...

Message 8 of 30 (66,494 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@T0toro21 changing to 100hz did not work Frown
Message 9 of 30 (66,478 Views)

Hey @NOopsrg_topmodeLL 

Have you already tried to do a clean boot and see if that changed anything?
Sometimes background programs can interfere with Apex Legends and reduce the performance.

Can you attach a DxDiag file to your post so I have a bit more information about your system?
How to create a Dxdiag file 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 10 of 30 (66,454 Views)