Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: ANTHEM loads my CPU to 100% and Temperature gise 83c+

by Sleepwalker_VIE

Original Post

ANTHEM loads my CPU to 100% and Temperature gise 83c+

★★★ Newbie

I am having an issue with Anthem. It loads my CPU 100% at all times and temperatures start to rise 80c+.When it starts to hit 83c-84c I shut Anthem down. I have tired to play it 4 times this weekend and it takes about 3 minutes until my CPU temps spike into the low 80c and I quit the game. No issue with the GPU only the CPU.  I just finished building my system everything is new. The only game I have this issue with is Anthem. Every other game I play my CPU usuage and temps are normal (60% and around 65c temp). I only have issues with Anthem and refuse to play it. I have turned my OC off and lowered grqaphics to low with no change in how Anthem runs. I have no issue with heat or CPU load on any other benchmark, program, app or game. ONLY ANTHEM. My Nvidia drivers are up to date. I have tried everything to get Anthem to run and it just scorches my CPU.

i5 9600k  

ASUS Z-370  Motherboard

ASUS RTX Strix 2070

ASUS GT 501 Midtower case

40 GB Teamforce 2600Mhz RAM DDR4  

Coolermaster MA610P CPU Cooler

Masterfan MF120R case fans 

EVGA 750 G2 Gold PSU

Samsung 860 EVO SSD

Windows 10

PS 

I posted almost exact same message on a 3 week old thread. Sorry mods for any confusion or spam. 

Message 1 of 5 (164 Views)

★★ Guide

its not spam -_- but most cpu is work like that. even dummy dummy about pc like me is know about it . I am no idea what is you woory about If you don't want your cpu heavy load

you better lower setting on it 

cheer

Message 2 of 5 (145 Views)

Hey @abc351509595

Thanks for all the information you have provided.

Here are some steps you can try:

1. Turn off the Origin in-game Overlay in the Origin Launcher, and any other Overlays you might be using such as Discord.

2. Clean Boot(to make sure there are no background Apps interferring): https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

3. Check your Graphics Settings in-game, and adjust those as necessary

Let us know if this helps.

Thanks Standard smile

- iluminate

_________________________________________________________________________________

Are you looking for a response in your Thread that I responded to? Please tag me @iluminatethesky

▪Did you find my post useful? Please grant + XP✔
▪Did my post solve your issue/answer your question? Please accept as a solution✔

DICE Friend

EA Game Changer

I do not work for EA
Message 3 of 5 (136 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Your cpu cooler is just mid range and didnt even perform well on an i7-6700 cpu and your's is a 9600k.

So if your system is not overclocked then you might have a problem with the thermal paste. Or your cooler is simply not good enough for the cpu.

If a cooler can't keep a cpu cool at 100 % load then it is inept.

Anthem is tough on cpu's but e.g. on my i7-9700K it runs mostly between 40 - 50 % load with spikes to 100 % just at loading screens.

To me it is weird to blame a game for a overheating cpu rather than your cooling solution just because it works with older (and other) games.

I´m always happy if I see 100 % cpu load considering that I mostly just see 10 to 20 % due to the lack of threaded support and wonder what I have all those cores for.

Message 4 of 5 (129 Views)

★★ Guide

@Sleepwalker_VIE wrote:

Anthem is tough on cpu's but e.g. on my i7-9700K it runs mostly between 40 - 50 % load with spikes to 100 % just at loading screens.

To me it is weird to blame a game for a overheating cpu rather than your cooling solution just because it works with older (and other) games.

I´m always happy if I see 100 % cpu load considering that I mostly just see 10 to 20 % due to the lack of threaded support and wonder what I have all those cores for.

anthem can load my cpu to over 90% but its not hit a cap yet :0 . I am happy to see its spend all resource. and If Its have Maximum render button show up on next patch and make this cpu hit a cap I will ask for change this computer cpu to more core :0 like 32 Core in intel AD . its house computer so upgrade it is not a issue :d 

cheer 

Message 5 of 5 (108 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help