Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

ANTHEM STUCK ON TITLE SCREEN (CAN'T LOAD GAME PAST IT)

by Collaborisgaming

Original Post

ANTHEM STUCK ON TITLE SCREEN (CAN'T LOAD GAME PAST IT)

★★★★ Newbie

Anthem will not Load past the title screen

System: Windows 10 (PC)

Launcher: Origin Launcher

Description: it will load to the title screen where it asks to configure in game settings. the title screen animations cease when the configuration stage is passed. the game seems to soft-lock as everything in the game window freezes. effectively freezing the title in place. i've been having this problem for weeks now. i re-installed the game once before.

Occourence: Every time i run the game

Work around: none, i can't even find anyone else who has the same issue. what i mean by that is that every other similar problem has involved people being disconnected before the server appear to be down. but for me i never connect to a server in the first place. no error message. i've waited 5 hours ONCE to no avail sand i am rather fed up with it.

Impact: knowing what i know i'd classify it as an Obvious Severity 1 Bug as it blocks me from ever playing the game.

no way to close it unless i exit the window. it prevents me from relaunching the game so i have to restart the computer. and because the origin launcher considered the game to be open it will not allow me to play any other games i can only launch on Origin. i have a feeling it might be a hard code error. within the code. unfortunately i can't wipe this computer like it's a test system so it can easily be one of the games or applications i have on this PC

Message 1 of 3 (198 Views)

Re: ANTHEM STUCK ON TITLE SCREEN (CAN'T LOAD GAME PAST IT)

★★★★ Newbie
honestly it's why i prefer a physical disk or copy of a game.
Message 2 of 3 (194 Views)

Re: ANTHEM STUCK ON TITLE SCREEN (CAN'T LOAD GAME PAST IT)

Hey @Collaborisgaming

Are you still experiencing this issue?

If so, have you tried any of these steps?

1. Turn off the Origin in-game Overlay in Origin

2. Clear Origin Cache: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

3. Run Origin and Anthem as Administrator

4. Uninstall/Reinstall Origin: https://help.ea.com/en-au/help/origin/origin/manually-uninstalling-origin/

5. Clean Boot: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

Let us know if any of these steps help.

Thanks Standard smile

- iluminate

_________________________________________________________________________________

Are you looking for a response in your Thread that I responded to? Please tag me @iluminatethesky

▪Did you find my post useful? Please grant + XP✔
▪Did my post solve your issue/answer your question? Please accept as a solution✔

DICE Friend

EA Game Changer

I do not work for EA
Message 3 of 3 (155 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help