Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: ANTHEM SERVERS SHUTDOWN IN 2 HOURS

by nico1037

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

Ive been playing on ps4 all day with BARELY any issues. An occasional server connection maybe 4 times day other then that its been running pretty smoothly for me. A whole.. Lot better then the VIP demo was thats for sure. 

Message 21 of 30 (738 Views)

★★★★ Novice
No lockups here
Message 22 of 30 (688 Views)

★★★★ Novice
You should never Pre-Order from a game company; it allows lazy business practices. Especially, never pre-order from EA.
Message 23 of 30 (671 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Its the ps4 not the game Wink

Message 24 of 30 (456 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

This is kost annoying as hell and it doesn't go away.. 

Message 25 of 30 (424 Views)

★★★ Guide

@sbauer24 @PrimeBarricade 

Here is my theory (by the way it has nothing to do with the available servers in general). I think the Anthem "server" runs on a computer cloud. It's not really one or two or 10 computers. It is many more. But for the game it looks like a huge computer. The server side of the game does not run continuously, but as game instances. That are started, operated, shutdown and cleaned up. Each game instance requires a virtual server. So for each 4 players it spin up new visualized environment that they call a server. After an instance ends they recycle the "server". Also, to ensure that there are no run away servers, each has a limited life time. So, this message is telling you that the virtual server processing your game instance only is going to shutdown. Very technical choice of words. That's all.

Message 26 of 30 (394 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm on PS4 get booted every match. I hope this does not become the new Fallout 76 

Message 27 of 30 (234 Views)

★★★★ Newbie
Yes
Message 28 of 30 (155 Views)

★★★★ Newbie
It happened to me twice today in freeplay. Lost all my progress really irritated
Message 29 of 30 (151 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Newbie

This games a mugging I bought it started playing for about a day and now it can't connect to any servers, the game or the developers have made a crap job of this, fix it because I've just wasted money to watch a loading screen and so have many others, I'm glad I didn't buy the full price one for 120 quid I would have seriously been pissed. Fix it ea or bio ware one of the two, it's not on.

Message 30 of 30 (88 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help