Re: ANSWERS HQ - ASK. ANSWER. WAIT FOR AGES.

by MujiXxX

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Answers HQ- Ask. Answer. Wait for ages.

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I have two questions that I have not had a proper answer to that have been going on for over a month.

1 - When is the next XP weekend for BF1? It seems no one alive can tell me.

2 - Why did the emblems disappear, what is being done about it and when will it be fixed?

Two simple questions.

EA_Blueberry: Edited post title from ALL CAPS

Message 1 of 9 (1,484 Views)

Accepted Solution

@MujiXxX DICE never provided an official answer, however it most likely has to do with the added enforcement burden of custom emblems that violate the EA Terms of service such as many players using banned imagery such as swastikas, drug references, sex etc. So in essence a small minority of players most likely ruined it for the larger player base.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013

View in thread

Message 9 of 9 (1,240 Views)

All Replies

@MujiXxX wrote:

I have two questions that I have not had a proper answer to that have been going on for over a month.

1 - When is the next XP weekend for BF1? It seems no one alive can tell me.

2 - Why did the emblems disappear, what is being done about it and when will it be fixed?

Two simple questions.

@MujiXxX Regarding the timing of answers to your questions if the community volunteers do not know the answer to a question they won't repsond with a bad answer, they'll simply move on to a question that they can answer.  BF1 is at the end of life so I wouldn't expect any double XP weekends to be announced since all efforts are being directed at the current Battlefield game. If they happen you'll probably find out when you start the game but I wouldn't expect any formal announcement via the Battlefield social channels. Regarding emblems are you talking about custom emblems\custom platoon emblems like we had in BF4? If you are they were discontinued at the beginning of BF1 and I would not expect this to change since the same system has been maintained for BF5.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Message 2 of 9 (1,466 Views)

★ Guide

Thanks for your answer. But no, I mean the emblems that should show up on the 'Highlights' page after the game. For the last couple of months they have changed to simple generic team ones. A lot of people, including me spent a long time designing them and now they have disappeared. The thread asking for details about it has said 'The team is aware of emblem not showing in game, I have no new update at the moment to share' but that was over a month ago.

Message 3 of 9 (1,423 Views)

@MujiXxX wrote:

Thanks for your answer. But no, I mean the emblems that should show up on the 'Highlights' page after the game. For the last couple of months they have changed to simple generic team ones. A lot of people, including me spent a long time designing them and now they have disappeared. The thread asking for details about it has said 'The team is aware of emblem not showing in game, I have no new update at the moment to share' but that was over a month ago.

Can you post a screenshot so we can see exactly what you are referring to?  In BF1 all emblems (platoon\personal not team) were limited to only the pre-approved emblems; custom emblems were intentionally disabled in BF1 and there's no announced plans to bring them back.

Message 4 of 9 (1,390 Views)

★ Guide

When and why were the personal emblems disabled?

One of the reasons I loved the game was that I put a lot of time and effort into my emblem and when I got on the highlight page (one of the tabs available after a game when the scores appear) my emblem would be featured. What was the point of scrapping them?

Message 5 of 9 (1,368 Views)

★ Guide

Here are some screenshots.

So this is what it used to look like (emblems included - mine in the middle):bf1 2019-01-26 16-55-23-96.jpg and now the game only shows this:

bf1 2019-07-26 17-26-18-43.jpg

See what I mean?

When did they decide that the emblems should not be shown in the highlight page?

Message 6 of 9 (1,308 Views)

@MujiXxX wrote:

When and why were the personal emblems disabled?

One of the reasons I loved the game was that I put a lot of time and effort into my emblem and when I got on the highlight page (one of the tabs available after a game when the scores appear) my emblem would be featured. What was the point of scrapping them?

I answered you in your other thread @MujiXxX . Custom in game emblems were disabled for everyone in BF1 and BF5 a very long time ago. Now only the pre-approved in game emblems are displayed in game. If your platoon currently has a custom emblem from BF4 it simply won't show or will show the default faction emblem.

Message 7 of 9 (1,280 Views)

★ Guide

You answered but you didn't say why!

Message 8 of 9 (1,255 Views)

@MujiXxX DICE never provided an official answer, however it most likely has to do with the added enforcement burden of custom emblems that violate the EA Terms of service such as many players using banned imagery such as swastikas, drug references, sex etc. So in essence a small minority of players most likely ruined it for the larger player base.

Message 9 of 9 (1,241 Views)