AMD Server timeout & crash fix (fx series)

by BogutUndersaw

Original Post

Accepted Solution

AMD Server timeout & crash fix (fx series)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

step 1 - open apex legends

step 2 - open windows services by searching "services" using the windows home button

step 3 - stop windows audio endpoint builder (its near the bottom)

step 4 - start windows audio (its right above audio endpoint builder)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_r-GvLS0BM

edit - you dont need to wait for the game to timeout / crash, and this does not seem to be working for most cpus outside of the fx series

so the game seems to be having issues with the windows sound service

no download required

it also helps keep the actual game after lobby stable no crashes yet - fx6300

Edit - this does not seem to be working for most cpu's outside of the fx series. Still might be worth a try tho

Edit 2 - Disabling the microphone before launching the game and enabling it after the game launches also seems to work as well you still cannot talk in game tho. Credit to @7JG26Godman for making the suggestion to test this

post fix update edit - changing the microphone drivers worked for awhile but eventually i got a timeout so the above method is still the only option

Message 26 of 166 (46,368 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Possible ea server timeout fix (fx series), works in game too

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

step 1 - open apex legends

step 2 - open windows services by searching "services" using the windows home button

step 3 - stop windows audio endpoint builder (its near the bottom)

step 4 - start windows audio (its right above audio endpoint builder)

View in thread

Message 90 of 166 (47,200 Views)

All Replies

Brazilian/LATAM servers always timed out. Fix the server!

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Today i discovered the problem of the huge DC problem dropping me out in 2 to 5 minutes. This is the Brazilian/LATAM server.

When i used a Windscribe VPN to Miami, my game just worked pefectly, no DC, no lag, no nothing. Please Fix the Brazilian/LATAM servers.

My ISP is: NET Virtua - Rio de Janeiro

I dunno if there's a route problem from my ISP to the BR/LATAM server or other things, but i'm tired of so much time out problem.

My PC specs are:

AMD FX 6300

8GB DDR3 Single Channel

AMD RX460 2 GB

Message 1 of 166 (43,469 Views)

Apex Legends connection to server timed out

★★★★ Novice

Hello all, I keep getting timed out whenever I am in the menu or in game. When in the menu I've seen that the menu freezes then times me out. It seems to happen when I'm in a party . When I time out in-game the game freezes then puts me back in the game then goes to the time out screen that has occurred.

Specs:

CPU: FX-6300

RAM: 8GB Single-channel (Idk if that matters or not)

GPU: AMD RX 470

Message 2 of 166 (46,483 Views)

Re: Apex Legends connection to server timed out

★★★★★ Novice
People with FX-6300 seem to have this same issue. Including me. I’m getting an upgrade just for this damn game.
Message 3 of 166 (46,432 Views)

★★ Novice
is this true cause i have amd fx 6100 and get the same issue ive tried everything to fix nothing works.
Message 4 of 166 (46,407 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It seems to only happen to the FX series. I'm not too sure about the FX-8350 or other FX CPUS, but I know for sure that this does happen on every FX-6300.

Message 5 of 166 (46,316 Views)

★★★ Novice
I'm using the FX-8350 and I have no problem but, my friend has the FX-6300 and yes he has the same issue.
Message 6 of 166 (46,294 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have a FX-6100 as well and getting the same issue. This is so annoying!

Message 7 of 166 (46,249 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I do not know if this works for other FX-6300 CPUS, but if you turn all your graphics settings to the lowest they can go it seems to fix it. I've played like 3-4 games without getting booted, but I have not tested this with parties.
Message 8 of 166 (46,238 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Nevermind I just timed out sitting in lobby.
Message 9 of 166 (46,238 Views)