AMD Server timeout & crash fix (fx series)

by BogutUndersaw

Original Post

Re: Apex Legends connection to server timed out

★ Apprentice

I have an i5 4690K and it just happened to me.

Message 20 of 166 (4,205 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

The solution to your problem is to open control panel >uninstall program > right click apex legends > uninstall.  Hope this helps. 

Message 21 of 166 (4,200 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm not going to uninstall it yet. These guys are swamped with issues. I just hope they fix it for all of us with the FX series soon. This game is really fun!

Message 22 of 166 (2,693 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yo! i had the same problem, but if u disable 5 and the 6th core in bios and run the game 3-4 core only  u will have much less dc. For me it worked.

Message 23 of 166 (2,460 Views)

★★ Novice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdJEjriT5yg&t=9s
it's work for me
FX6100
GTX1060 3G
8G DDR3

Message 24 of 166 (2,435 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

guys its not just the fx 6xxx series having this problem. I have friends with i5/i7/i9 that have the same issue. Although the fx 6xxx series is now definitely showing its age it still runs plenty of modern games without issues, so don't just run out and buy hardware to play this game when it might not even solve your issue. I'm waiting on a cpu to arrive in the mail this afternoon, I will do a thread with old specs vs. new specs and clean installs of everything and let you all know how it goes.  I have a sneaking suspicion that its not 100% hardware though.

Message 25 of 166 (2,434 Views)

Connection to EA Server Timed Out Problem PC

★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Radeon R9 380 Series 4GB
Enter RAM memory size in GB 8GB
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? CrashedCar123
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. HEATT2810, Hulkbuster2810
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Bangalore, Pathfinder
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Bloodhound, Gibraltar
Where did the issue occur? Loading into the match from the lobby
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Couldn't join the match in the first place
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Waiting and loading into the match from the lobby
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 0
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) Every 1st match
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Little to no impact to gameplay, because I wasn't able to join the match anyway
What happens when the bug occurs? Freezes on the loading screen and returns to main menu with "Connection Timed Out"  message
What should be happening instead? I should be able to play without getting my connection timed out every 1st match
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Click 'Ready' and just wait for the loading screen

It always happens when I launch the game and queue for my 1st match. It goes to the loading screen and it freezes right there and then it goes back to the main menu with "Connection Timed Out" message. However, this doesn't happen after the 1st match, only on the 1st match. If I exit the game and launch it again, the problem reoccurs again.

Message 27 of 166 (1,979 Views)

Re: Possible ea server timeout / crash fix

★ Guide
How about you describe the fix in here instead of funneling people who are having issues towards your youtube channel. No one is going to watch your poorly made 20 minute video anyway your literally just trying to benefit from peoples frustrations why don't you say it here or take your leave.
Message 28 of 166 (4,712 Views)

★ Guide

@kto1b you could be nicer considering ive been trying to fix this for literal days. what do i have to gain there is no monetization and last time i did something like this people asked for a video. Btw most of the video is just proving stability, but since you so kindly asked its been edited. Also i would like to point out that why should i not benefit off something that ive worked hard to find a fix for im open to actual criticism but what you said was just plain rude a simple hey could you type the instructions out here would have been suffice beside way more people use youtube than visit this forum so im just trying to get it to reach as wide an audience as possible because if this fixes more then just my pc then people need to know. have a nice day and please try to be more polite.

Message 29 of 166 (4,704 Views)

★ Guide
Hey sorry just seen lots of people doing it and spamming it around it gets on my nerves because I too am frustrated about the crashes and spend too much time trying to solve. Unfortunately the game doesn't boot up the same every time, and this causes a large number of placebo affect fixes. If your fix is remove/disable unused sound devices then its already been noted and can solve microphone not detecting and sound issues but doesn't solve crashes.
Message 30 of 166 (4,698 Views)