AMD Server timeout & crash fix (fx series)

by BogutUndersaw

Original Post

Re: Possible ea server timeout fix (fx series), works in game too

★★ Novice
@BogutUndersaw @xMcnugget69 My alternative does not seem to work anymore and I have no idea why. Today I tried to play a game and out of 6 games I haven't had a single normal game. The game freezes in the menu like crazy for some odd reason. The best option here really is to create that *.bat file or disable 2 cores on FX series cpu. The game will not freeze/disconnect, but still will be crashing with bad_memory_module. I am giving up on this game until it is fixed. This is now how the game should be played. I liked the game to even consider purchasing Ryzen cpu as my other friend did, but that is still to come.
Message 141 of 166 (1,278 Views)

Re: AMD Server timeout & crash fix (fx series)

★★ Novice
FFS Can we please get a legitimate fix for this GAME issue. Disabling the mic or restarting the audio services resulting in not having a working mic is not a fix and marking the thread as solved just pisses me/us off. I refuse to dump any money into this game that I love until its resolved. Thank you.
Message 142 of 166 (1,200 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Agreed , i tried with mic on after update seems like they didn`t fix it

Message 143 of 166 (1,155 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It got worse since the Season 1 update, game randomly crashes without any error and the ".txt" file is not created as it should be... PLEASE FIX THE GAME for the FX-6XXX processors!!

Message 144 of 166 (1,105 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

got excited when i saw the title, untill i read the first post, sorry but this is not a fix, fix is something permanent.

and this game sure as * aint that amazing to jump trough * hoops every time i want to play couple of rounds, developers need to fix the issue

Message 145 of 166 (1,096 Views)

★ Guide

@GrimyHR The title was changed by the forum moderators to better reflect the post contents also in one of my posts there are the commands to create a .bat file that you can click once you launch the game or you can follow this post here https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Solution-for-freeze-and-server-timeout-mostly-for-FX-6300... to automate the process further.

Message 146 of 166 (973 Views)

★★★★ Novice
so are we just not going to get a fix here or ??? Cause i would really like to use my mic in game. And the audio service restart disables the microphone ingame all the time.
Message 147 of 166 (845 Views)

Community Manager

@Versatility1738 wrote:
so are we just not going to get a fix here or ??? Cause i would really like to use my mic in game. And the audio service restart disables the microphone ingame all the time.

The team is still aware of AMD users experiencing crashes and/or timeouts. They are still investigating and it has not been forgotten. Good news is that there has been some progress made on addressing this, but as far as a specific time-frame we cannot confirm anything at the moment. Respawn mentioned this below regarding crashes from their latest check-in. Thank you all so much for continuing to bear with us on this and for all the support you've given.

AN UPDATE ON CRASHES

Last week we dropped a small patch for PC. This patch included a fix for the biggest offender causing crashing on PC that we were able to identify thanks to all the apex_crash reports players sent to us. Since then, we’ve seen the daily crash rate on PC drop by about 90%.

This has been promising to see but we know we’re not out of the woods yet. We’ve been investigating the remaining causes for crashing we’re seeing and planning to add better communication from the game with error messages and tips to help players troubleshoot issues in the event of a PC crash in a future update.

We are aware of reported crashes on consoles as well and will be including improvements to overall stability in an upcoming client patch. I can’t say specific dates yet but we’ll let you folks know when we can and will include patch notes for it.

Blueberry.png
Message 148 of 166 (841 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So any other fix then to turn of the audio yet?

Message 149 of 166 (709 Views)

Re: Apex Legends connection to server timed out

★★★ Newbie

Have you not had any problems with the fx-8350 so far?

Message 150 of 166 (690 Views)