AMD Server timeout & crash fix (fx series)

by BogutUndersaw

Original Post

Re: Apex Legends connection to server timed out

★★★ Novice

same here 

Message 10 of 166 (5,557 Views)

★ Guide
i have the fx6300 as well, this is a known issue with the 6k series of all variants, the devs know about it as well. some people report turning off their 5th and 6th core helps get rid of the timed out connection error, but some also report that fix does not work for them. i myself will not be buying new hardware or downgrading my cpu to play this game, since i have little problems with any of the other games i play. either this gets fixed dev side or fx6xxx users simply wont be able to play the game. i'm fine with that, although there was a post on reddit last night from one of the teammembers at Respawn that specifically mentions crashing and how they are proceeding forward with that. i'd take a look before buying a new cpu, unless you had planned to upgrade anyway since its not like the fx6300 is new. but its my baby and it does what i need it to do for now, im ready to upgrade, but not for a f2p battleroyale that i should be able to play, and i play with everything on low just for max fps i care nothing for graphics.
Message 11 of 166 (5,549 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yep hopefully they fix the issue godman. I'm really enjoying this game and it seems to run well on my dinosaur computer. Other than this issue I have no complaints. I agree with you on your last sentence. Game play will always trump Graphics!!!

Message 12 of 166 (5,540 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same. I hope they can fix this ASAP. I have a AMD FX 6300 aswell. 

Message 13 of 166 (5,525 Views)

★★ Novice

Same here

AMD FX-6100

Message 14 of 166 (5,224 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same 6300 . If anyone find a fix please do tell.

Message 15 of 166 (5,221 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I seem to get this connection to server timed out more when I'm in parties with friends compared to when I join solo and pair up with randoms. I have gone upwards to 2 hours with out a crash when going solo into parties. As soon as I join with friends I start getting this error right away.

Message 16 of 166 (5,188 Views)

★★ Novice
The same for me, even if I join a party in the main menu, 15 seconds later I'm freeze then Connection timed out
Message 17 of 166 (5,183 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

The pattern ive noticed is that i can start my pc and play right away one,  maybe two matches well.  After that, i had to reboot it to have another two of them.  Then i started to notice the problem goes down if i reboot Origin only. Origin is buggy, clunky and pisspoor, and wouldnt discard that it could be the source of the problem. 

Message 18 of 166 (5,153 Views)

★★★★ Novice

From what I've done you can alleviate the frustration of timing out all the time by disabling cores 4 and 5 by using a batch file. This is a "fix" that someone came up with a long time ago, but it helps alleviate the frustration, but you might crash.

Here is the Batch file. You may have to change the path depending on where you have apex legends downloaded

@echo off
start "" /affinity F "D:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Apex\r5apex.exe"

Message 19 of 166 (5,151 Views)