Re: Possible ea server timeout fix (fx series), works in game too

by QueuekumbR

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@UnholyFroggod it the same issue disabling cores also fixes it but this way you dont get a performance hit in my opinion this is better no messing with the bios and you get to keep using all cores its also easier to do. Also it could have to do with how apex tells windows to use the microphone on a 6 core cpu that could be causing the issue 

Message 131 of 166 (1,053 Views)

Re: AMD Server timeout & crash fix (fx series)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@BogutUndersawthank you for this man, my game is completely playable now on 6 cores and I have a better performance already (it was working before with the the BIOS 4 cores solution). Unfortunately it seems to crash -with no error- more often than with the 4 cores. Anyway, amazing finding, let's hope they fix this for good soon. SPECS: FX-6350, Radeon R7 360, 8GB ram

EDIT: NVM, "Bad_Module" errors started appearing again, going back to 4 cores but will test this Audio fix as well.

Message 132 of 166 (977 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Actually cant find windows audio endpoint builder in my Services. IDK wha to do Frown Wanna play but that drop in every fkin game ... is anoyin

Message 133 of 166 (951 Views)

★★★ Novice

cant find windows audio endpoint builder (c) i too

Message 134 of 166 (921 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Not a single disconnect or freeze but 3 random crashes? So it isn't fixed and you're still crashing. lol
Message 135 of 166 (795 Views)

★★ Novice

I found an easier workaround, instead of doing that long irritating thing with services. We're better off going to the games settings and turn off the microphone completely but keeping the voice chat enabled so we can hear other players.

Here's what you do:

1. Go to C:\Users\*yournamehere*\Saved Games\Respawn\Apex\local

2. Open settings.cfg

3. Go to the bottom of that document and make sure you have as follows

sv_voiceenable "1"
TalkIsStream "0"
voice_forcemicrecord "0"
voice_mixer_boost "0"
voice_mixer_mute "0"
voice_mixer_volume "1.0"
voice_modenable "0"
voice_scale "0"
voice_vox "0"

4. Save the file and close it.

5. Right-click the same file and go to properties. Tick "Read-only" in the pop-up window and apply the changes.

This only helps with disconnects and game freezes. The game will crash from time to time, but not as common as it occurs without doing the workaround. I can play around 7 games without crashing me mid-game.

Message 136 of 166 (788 Views)

★ Guide

@MMC_Mynio 

if you think that the process is long and irritating then i would suggest creating a bat file using the following

sc stop Audiosrv

sc stop AudioEndpointBuilder

sc start AudioEndpointBuilder

sc start Audiosrv  

and setting it to run as administrator then just click the bat file when you start the game. The process you mentioned will work but you will no longer be able to adjust in game settings.

Message 137 of 166 (723 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@QueuekumbR  there are multiple issues causing the game to crash this helps with most of them

Message 138 of 166 (721 Views)

★ Guide

@snoggy1234  @Shumcheq you can alternatively disable you microphone or follow @MMC_Mynio guide to do it in the game files but if you do you wont be able to adjust in game settings.

Message 139 of 166 (716 Views)

★ Novice

this literally does nothing

Message 140 of 166 (588 Views)