Re: Possible ea server timeout fix (fx series), works in game too

by BogutUndersaw

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Oh wow.. How did not find this thread until now?

I just tried disabling the 5th and 6th core a few days ago and, oddly enough, didn't have any issues ever since. Also haven't tested stability thoroughly yet, though. Someone else (who tried disabling core 5 & 6 as well) told me that it only worked out for 3-4 days until he started crashing again. Doesn't make any sense to me whatsoever but that's what he told me and it seems to be that way for a lot of "fixes" ppl tried so far.

I'll definitely try this one soon and report back. Thx for sharing

Edit:

Playing on 4 cores seemed to work quite well for me.. Not a single disconnect or freeze and only 3 random crashes in 10 days

FX6300 - GTX1050ti - 16GB RAM

Message 121 of 166 (753 Views)

Community Manager

@BogutUndersaw 

I adjusted the title to make it easier for others to find when searching. I'm actually seeing it work for crashes too so I added that to the title.

@GA-DivineKNG 

Please report back when you can! Thanks.

Blueberry.png
Message 122 of 166 (730 Views)

★ Guide

@rohanburman99 it still works outside game i use discord to communicate with teammates and as for resetting your audio settings i dont think it will i only have 1 mic but i believe that the settings should be saved

Message 123 of 166 (714 Views)

★ Guide

@EA_Blueberry thank you for the help and advice.

Message 124 of 166 (713 Views)

Re: Apex Legends connection to server timed out

★★★ Novice
me too! ... fx6100 crash all games!
Message 125 of 166 (703 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

FX6300 here. Crashing almost every game. Go into menu to change a skin, crash. Go into a menu to buy/build item, crash.
Literally only game I have any issue with. Everything else is smooth as butter.

Just tried playing a game. Had one person crash at character select. Had second team member crash as we were landing at the beginning. I tell you what, this game is tough solo.

Message 126 of 166 (698 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Idk it worked fine for a while but its still crashing for me now and then, and can't use mic in game which is just bs. Can you even give us some info, is apex even trying to fix the issue? Literaly no info if issue is even on the list to be resolved...Just community members figuring some workarounds. might as well not even play the game idk why im even typing here.

@EA_Blueberry 

Message 127 of 166 (631 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Blueberryso it worked for me so we know the fx 6xxx series have a issues with apex and the windows sounds / microphone and it has been 2 weeks  ago. Any updates to fix the problem? bcuz if if i disable my mic before lauchning the game i cant use voice chat and thats a huge disadvantage ingame. its kinda sad to decide to play with voice chat + freezes and crashes or no freezes and crashes but no voice chat....

Message 128 of 166 (588 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@69Thundercock69 yea unfortunately i believe that the issue is something with the fx series and the microphone im gonna do some testing to see if i can find a generic driver to replace the windows one and check if that fixes the timeouts and doesn't disable the microphone

Message 129 of 166 (506 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Wait. Is this two separate problems? 

I disable 2 cores and the game works. What is this mic issue? does disabling the mic make it so I don't have to disable the cores?

Was this game made by dark magic? What the hell do those 2 things have to do with one another?

Message 130 of 166 (489 Views)