Re: Possible ea server timeout fix (fx series), works in game too

by 7JG26Godman

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

Fx-6300 I just disabled my mic in sounds/recording settings before starting apex and seems to work for now.

Message 101 of 166 (1,346 Views)

★ Guide
So glad this thread got the attention it deserves, many people reporting long term fixes for the server timeout error using this. Fx series users hail praise to Bogutundersaw for trying this out. 4 days no server timeouts causing in game disruption, able to party up with any friends and play hours on end until I get a random CTD with no error.
Message 102 of 166 (1,335 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Didn't have this issue at all until the Twitch Prime loot patch 02/26. Now I have the issue when starting up the game, makes the lobby extremely laggy, and when I check the data centers they are all 1500ms+ with 40%+ packet loss. The fix makes the game function, but having to choose between hearing my team and game sounds is Sohpie's. This is simply because my internet provider locks me at a disgusting 300 ping during the day, and I get decent ping from 2am-6am when I would have to play in a PUG. (unrelated, but makes the choice that much harder.)

Edit: Tried a game before posting this, and only made it ~3 seconds into the drop. Then it lagged until I was landed, and was catching up in 5-10 second intervals. I'm not sure what triggered this, or why I didn't have any issues previous to this patch, but it is now unplayable.

AMD FX-8350

nVidia GTX 980

2nd edit: I attempt to play Apex at all, it makes internet functionality on ALL of my devices in the house unusable. Interesting as a network tech, disturbing as a gamer.

3rd edit: Oddly enough, the issue evaporated as quickly as it came. I did nothing except leave my computer for ~20 minutes.

Message 103 of 166 (1,287 Views)

★ Guide

@IVlaximus thats disgusting on the isp part i would report that to the better business bureau if they cannot resolve the issue that is very sub par performance

Message 104 of 166 (1,144 Views)

★★★ Novice
Worked for me. Thanks a lot!
Message 105 of 166 (1,098 Views)

★★★ Novice
It does help my friend can play the game with out being kicked out.
Message 106 of 166 (1,095 Views)

★ Guide

@1r0n  @NeydaSeen im glad that you 2 are able to enjoy the game now

Message 107 of 166 (1,039 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

This has completely solved the connection timeout issue for me for the past 5 days (FX 6350 - GTX 1060). There's still some rare CTDs with no error here and there, but the game is absolutely playable now, at least. Great job on finding this, thank you! I wonder, since this has worked for so many people and we now know the cause, will Respawn release an official fix anytime soon so we can actually communicate with our teammates?

Message 108 of 166 (998 Views)

★ Guide

@Redsw1ft thanks for the feedback i am glad that you are able to enjoy the game now as for your second statement i also hope so and i have faith in respawn 

Message 109 of 166 (895 Views)

★★★ Novice

@BogutUndersaw Thank you for the fix man! After two weeks of pain (mid-game freezes and disconnections at the worst imaginable times) in which I tried countless "solutions" to the problem, your suggestion was the only one to work - I can finally play the game normally (tried it for a few hours, not a single freeze or DC). My setup: FX 6350, GTX 770, 16 GB RAM.

Message 110 of 166 (829 Views)