Re: Possible ea server timeout fix (fx series), works in game too

by mishko90

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice

Just tried, played for around 40 minutes and it works. Normally I get timeout error within 2 minutes. So I say it is solid enough. If it is a false positive, I'll edit my reply here. But looks solid so far.

Message 81 of 166 (2,918 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Its worked for me at the moment! Very thx Man!!

AMD Fx 6200
8gb ram
Nvidia Geforce GTX 970

Played for around 2-3 hours, no freezing at main menù, no crashed in game, only one disconnected from the server for timeout.

Message 82 of 166 (2,918 Views)

Re: Apex Legends connection to server timed out

★★★ Newbie
I have the same problem, it look's like we are cursed with FX 6100 and FX 6300, stupyd game i had a lot of fun in game but this destroy everything nice in it so uninstal....
Message 83 of 166 (2,696 Views)

★ Apprentice

This works for me aswell i think, played 2 and a half hours, no crash. Keeping you guys posted

Message 84 of 166 (2,854 Views)

★ Apprentice

Worked for me as well, no more freeze and disconect, but sometimes my game just close. How inefficient can be Respawn... like 4 weeks and no fix. Why u choose Respawn, EA ? why !!

Message 85 of 166 (2,840 Views)

Community Manager

@BogutUndersaw wrote:

Open the game wait for the game to crash and kick you to the main menu open windows services disable the windows audio service and windows audio endpoint builder service then re enable them. I haven't crashed for 5 hrs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_r-GvLS0BM

edit - you dont need to wait for the game to timeout / crash

so the game seems to be having issues with the windows sound service

no download required

it also helps keep the actual game after lobby stable no crashes yet - fx6300

Edit - this does not seem to be working for most cpu's outside of the fx series. Still might be worth a try tho

Edit 2 - Disabling the microphone before launching the game and enabling it after the game launches also seems to work as well you still cannot talk in game tho. Credit to @7JG26Godman for making the suggestion to test this

@BogutUndersaw 

Fantastic find! Would you mind copy and pasting your steps again so we can mark it as a solution?

Blueberry.png
Message 86 of 166 (2,808 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hey Thanks @BogutUndersaw

CPU: FX 6300

I tried this fix this morning and played 4 solo games with 0 crashes from games, and no timeouts. Funny enough I did have a timeout happen while getting into the services for Windows. 

I later hoped on and started the game. Did the fix again. (I am unsure if we have to do this every time the game is opened? Or just have a PC restart/shutdown.) I played 5 games with 2 friends with no crashes and no connection timeouts. I was able to leave the game after dying and get back to lobby and hit ready up instantly which before would hardly ever happen. 

Thank you for this fix and hopefully EA forward to the team. 

Message 87 of 166 (2,789 Views)

★ Guide

@SoggyCheeseWheel everytime the game is started you need to do the fix

Message 88 of 166 (2,787 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@EA_Blueberry absolutely it will be done asap

edit - i have put the steps in the original post and made another post with only the steps.

Message 89 of 166 (2,784 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

step 1 - open apex legends

step 2 - open windows services by searching "services" using the windows home button

step 3 - stop windows audio endpoint builder (its near the bottom)

step 4 - start windows audio (its right above audio endpoint builder)

Message 90 of 166 (47,419 Views)