Re: Possible ea server timeout fix (fx series), works in game too

by Maca356

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

Worked for 4 games for me until it desktop crashed me again. Thank you nonetheless. Standard smile

Message 71 of 166 (1,106 Views)

Re: Apex Legends connection to server timed out

★ Apprentice
no response yet EA?
Message 72 of 166 (943 Views)

★ Guide

@Sekire1 its supposed to be a timeout fix im not sure how it will affect crash to desktops bugs but no problem

Message 73 of 166 (1,083 Views)

★ Guide

bump to keep the thread alive

Message 74 of 166 (1,053 Views)

★★★★ Novice
well... i am glad that i dont get disconnected anymore.
However i now seem to crash to desktop more often...
But i was still able to play over 3 hours with my friends. So there is that...
Message 75 of 166 (1,051 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

bumping: try to disable all origin overlays if you experience frequent ctd with no error. i've tested with and without overlay, and it seems to be more frequent with it on. however, still can report with confidence after 48 hours disabling windows audio after opening the game to main menu, in order to disable the in-game mic, 100% stops the connection to server timed out error. have been playing with buddies using teamspeak with no problems, winning those games i should have been winning when the game was basically unplayable a few days ago without trying this...

Message 76 of 166 (1,015 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I appreciate all the support here to keep this thread alive and i am very happy to see that this is working for many of you. thank you to everyone who has tried this.

It has come to my attention that the article here is using my fix without crediting me https://www.thenerdmag.com/server-time-out-issue/ to be honest its kinda upsetting but ive left a comment in hopes of them atleast linking to this thread because the instruction on the site are wrong. I have contacted the editor in chief he said that hes looking into it will update this when i know whats going to happen.

Edit they got it sorted out

Message 77 of 166 (992 Views)

Re: Possible ea server timeout / crash fix

★ Guide
Confirmed fix I think a dev should flag it. 48 hours no crashes no fps drops played with friends tested using this fix and tested without, people are still asking if EA will update the fx 6300 users about the problem yet this is working for multiple users consistently. Needs more attention!
Message 78 of 166 (1,200 Views)

★ Novice

Has anyone tried this with an intel processor?

Message 79 of 166 (1,119 Views)

Re: Apex Legends connection to server timed out

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Dont think they care.

Message 80 of 166 (897 Views)