Re: Possible ea server timeout fix (fx series), works in game too

by 7JG26Godman

Original Post

Re: Possible ea server timeout, works in game to

★ Guide

@7JG26Godman im gonna change it but ive had a friend try it and it worked on his not sure of the cpu its a laptop but i think i should also work for other fx cpus atleast.

Message 61 of 166 (1,042 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Disabling mic does indeed work. Great find.

Message 62 of 166 (1,001 Views)

★ Guide
Bumping this because I see alot of ppl still complaining about the fx series problem. This works!!!
Message 63 of 166 (973 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

In the first week of the game, I made a post showing that using the command '-nosound' actually made the game not crash for hours. So maybe all of these FX issues are related to the audio.

Its possible to disable audio/voice/mic/etc.. by command line or modifying the game .cfg file, maybe can work, but need test.

Message 64 of 166 (961 Views)

★ Guide
Well the difference here is that I still have in game sound, the only thing I lack is the in game mic (no big loss) but I can use third party programs to communicate with my buddies. I literally could not play this game with friends before that, it ruined nearly every game with the random crashing. I truly think it's something to do with the mic connection in this game, but I don't know. This works for me and I can still enjoy the game to its fullest.
Message 65 of 166 (947 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
OMG You are the legend!
Message 66 of 166 (939 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thanks alot mate! Worked fine for me

Message 67 of 166 (1,128 Views)

★★★ Novice

5 games only 1 crash. Seems to be working to some extent. will report back later

Message 68 of 166 (1,121 Views)

★ Guide
This seems to be directly related to the fx 6k series of CPUs, this rids them of their "connection to server timeout" error, making the game 1000% more enjoyable. Kudos to bogutundersaw for this amazing discovery.
Message 69 of 166 (1,116 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Thank you, pal. Seems to be working for me. Also try to switch off your Origin overlay

Message 70 of 166 (1,114 Views)