Re: Possible ea server timeout / crash fix

by BogutUndersaw

Original Post

★ Guide

@kto1b its not that its a full disable and re enable of the windows audio service. you actually have to open the windows services application not the "sounds" one for disabling devices.

Message 31 of 166 (3,918 Views)

★ Guide
Thought you were refering to intermittent crash too not lobby crash bah
Message 32 of 166 (3,910 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@kto1b it has helped with in game crashing besides the lobby crashing as well, as in i havent crashed at all ive been playing games completely stable. But please do keep in mind i have an fx processor and those specifically seem to be having issues ive tested this fix on multiple game boots and computer restarts. if you do try this please let me know if it works for you and list your cpu.

Message 33 of 166 (3,904 Views)

★ Guide
Hey its definitely something I haven't tried, I can get 5 games no crash sometimes then crash a bunch in a row noticed all these inconsistencies per game launch as mentioned, sometimes the radeon overlay will pick up the fps of the game other times it won't, sometimes theres minor stuttering sometimes not, freesync is sometimes very stable, othertimes jerking around. I have 3570k and rx480. I will try this sound service fix and let you know how I go, only if you promise to come back when/if you do crash. Because I'm skeptical having done every fix under the sun from all the other threads feels like luck at this rate
Message 34 of 166 (3,874 Views)

★ Guide

of course, i did with my previous post on how to actually limit core usage with process lasso (but thats actually kinda bad) i even timed it. this one is currently at 4 1/2 hours without a crash nearing 5 hours

Message 35 of 166 (3,870 Views)

★ Guide
When you say wait for the game to crash to main menu do you just mean time out from servers and have to continue to get back to menu, I don't crash in lobby. How can I crash it to reset sound services
Message 36 of 166 (3,867 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@kto1b i mean the timeout ive just seen people referring to it as a crash more often. Also i believe it should work if you timeout from in game past the lobby as well.

Message 37 of 166 (1,656 Views)

★ Guide
any updates on this? i've also gone 5+ hours without a crash, having done nothing, changed nothing, it just didn't crash for a period of time. its completely random and i hate spending an hour or more each day going through these forums to see if something has worked... i've even seen Shroud get the time out error disconnect and he probably has like a 10k$ machine, obviously hardwired and optimized. what * gives.
Message 38 of 166 (1,588 Views)

★ Guide

@7JG26Godman  there are multiple reasons for the timeout but for people having the same issue as myself this seems like a possible fix i still havent crashed going on 8 hrs now i cannot guarantee this to work but it takes 30 seconds to do so why not try it there are no downloads or anything.

Message 39 of 166 (1,569 Views)

★ Guide
I'm actually the same guy that posted on your YouTube post, it's been 2 hours no crash since doing this, however my mic is disabled although I can still hear from headset. Do you think having a mic enabled is actually what's causing the error?
Message 40 of 166 (1,566 Views)