AMD RX 5700 XT crashes

by 0Jl3G

Original Post

Highlighted

AMD RX 5700 XT crashes

★★ Novice

New AMD driver release doesn't affect my problem. Also nothing with new patch of Apex which came yesterday.
My AIDA/WattMan sensors stop responding and freezes when im playing Apex Legends. After few minutes my whole pc/game freezes too. I see my mouse cursor and could move it but cant do more things. I just hold my "power" pc button to force shutdown it.
i7 - 4770k @4,25 (tried stock settings too, @3,5)
Asus z 87-k
16gb DDR3 @1600
rx 5700XT
PSU Zalman 700wt

What i have done (nothing helped so far):
1) Installed fresh windows
2) Reinstalled new and old driver several times (like 8-10 times already) with DDU or manual or safemode DDU
3) Undervolted (auto and manual)
4) Boosted (auto and manual)
5) Installed with amd settings/ without amd settings, auto-detect or exact driver
6) Tried to switch on/off sync's, VSR, Overlay
7) Reconnected my GPU from different PSU lines
8) Updated BIOS to latest version

Also i tried to stress test my system with AIDA, and it easily passed with no issues
11mins of stress test (today with new driver and minimum undervolt/cooling modded):
graphic core voltage: 1,062v
graphic mem voltage: 0,850v
SoC: 0,850v
Temp: 70-72C
Hotspot: 87-89C
Maximum RPM: 2750 (55%) - little bit noisy but still usable
Maximum power: 162WT (was 203 before driver update, pretty strange)
After that test i came to play Apex Legends and i got a blackscreen like in 5 minutes

Also i changed rx 5700 XT to my old GTX 960 and it works like a charm with not a single issue, but lower graphics of course

Message 1 of 23 (22,637 Views)

Re: AMD RX 5700 XT crashes

★ Novice

Hi, I got the same problem and I have done all thinkable test with all programs and with all stresstest my computer run smooth BUT start Apex it is then my PC start to * up totaly.

Sometimes I can play for 1-3 H without problem then suddenly game freeze, se mouse then need to do a hard reset of pc (Power button), then start computer agian and suddenly the PC just randomly freeze and need to same agian. Or just the screen get black and need to restart manualy agian. Reinstalled Windows from home to Pro and even there got EVEN MORE Problem. 

Using new setup and for now evrything on default settings and still get problems...will try to change to an old graficcard and se if that helps or IF it is just the new AMD card that sucks or if it something that is messed up :F

AMD RX 5700 XT
Ryzen 3700X

Gigabyte Aurus 570x
GSkill 16GB 3600 Mhz

Message 2 of 23 (22,373 Views)

★ Novice

I have this problem too Angry

My computer:

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X
GPU: Radeon RX 5700 XT
MB : ROG Strix X570-F Gaming

Especially when I was streaming the game, almost 5 min game will be cashed.

Message 3 of 23 (22,289 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have this problem too 

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x
GPU: Radeon RX 5700 XT
MB : Gigabyte X570 Gaming X

Especially when I was streaming the game on OBS, almost 10 min game will be cashed.

Message 4 of 23 (22,267 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hello EA is there going to be a FIX for AMD USERS ?????????????? what the HELL we are all struggling with this driver ISSUE

Message 5 of 23 (22,048 Views)

★★ Novice

Exact same problem, instead i have the 5700 which is the exact same card essentially but the XT is better binned and overclocked. Please someone at EA take notice, its super frustrating when the game crashes every 30-60 mins.

Message 6 of 23 (22,016 Views)

★★ Novice

it's not EA, it's AMD drivers, because it can affect all games, and all applications, if the gpu is solicited
i have the same.
x570 MSI Gaming Edge,

R7 3700x

rx 5700xt

Message 7 of 23 (21,679 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have the same problems too. After playing 1 or a few games, the game would just freeze my pc and it would play the sound of the game over and over again until i press the power button. Also, ive noticed that whenever i open up youtube while playing apex, the video would start glitching right before apex is about to freeze. Same with task manager and discord.

My system is a ryzen 5 3600x and rx 5700 with 16gb ram

Ive had no problems with any other games its just apex

Message 8 of 23 (21,629 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Accurate description of the issue. I have identical probelems which seem to only be limited to Apex in my case. The other game I happen to play (BF5) works without issues. Especially about the part about other apps starting to glitch on a second monitor before the crash is spot on to what I experience.

My setup:

i7-4770k

RX 5700 XT

16GB RAM

Windows 10 with latest patches and latest Radeon software & drivers 19.7.3

Message 9 of 23 (21,462 Views)

★★ Novice
@HeartBtz I could see that the problem arose when there was a game, as well as another application (google chrome, Mozilla Firefox, discord, etc ...) and that the problem started when there was a window in the background on the desk, and that there was no problem when only the game was on.
cordially
Message 10 of 23 (21,338 Views)