AMD Phenom Crash to Desktop after choosing training or matchmaking :(

by MMaRsu

Original Post

Re: AMD Phenom Crash to Desktop after choosing training or matchmaking :(

★★★★ Novice

Let s spam #SSE4.1SUPPORT until their answer

EA will get much more money if old, but powerful processors could run apex!

#removesolved

#SSE4.1SUPPORT

Message 2581 of 2,623 (3,848 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Sooo, they still haven't done anything with the old cpu problem? Cool, atleast i can't toss money at them then.

Message 2582 of 2,623 (3,834 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Wow... still nothing after all this time?

That's just sad.

They cant fix an issue on a engine that was working flawlessly on a previous version.

They really screwed them selves here.

Message 2583 of 2,623 (3,730 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

i started new discusion to ppl know that rage 2 have same problem and someone easy edit line of codes(fix ) and rage 2 easy work on core2 quad procesor with 70-80% usage on full hd medium settings. just to know that is easy to do but this developers dont want to do that. i think that is easy too for phenom but i swear when update platform i will dont install this games who wants our money with newer platforms when no need for that.

Message 2584 of 2,623 (3,577 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This sucks,seems EA don't give a **** for people running older systems,minnimum recommended graphics is a gt 640!!! good luck with that!

Message 2585 of 2,623 (3,374 Views)

★★★ Novice

Maybe its solved guys. Check this out

[PC ONLY] CRASHES SPECIFIC TO INTEL CPUs

We investigated the crash reports from many people who were crashing frequently and found that Intel CPUs sometimes were not executing the instructions properly in one particular function. A common example was an instruction that only reads a register crashed on writing to invalid memory. With the help of many forum users, we found that lowering the clock speed always fixed the crashes, even if the CPU wasn’t overclocked or overheating. Thanks everyone, with a big shout out to Falkentyne, TEZZ0FIN0, JorPorCorTTV and MrDakk!

if its even not fixed. it seems that they will fix it too.

Message 2586 of 2,623 (3,363 Views)

★ Guide

Wow, you guys are still banging on this?

The lack of response after months and 1000's of replies should be a huge clue that they aren't interested in fixing the problem.

The fact that there are exploitable config options that would be dead easy and seriously take minutes to fix (they already filter "dev_console", "novid", etc, adding an entry to the filter would be trivial) still in the game should tell you how motivated their programmers are.

I personally got tired of waiting and lucked out on a cheap system. The real rub is, Apex isn't CPU bound at all, the only time it taxes my CPU in any way is with lots of particles/physics happening. How do I know this? The CPU I now have is an Intel Core i3 3225 dual-core, which is actually 20% below their stated min. spec, and the game runs great. Power wise, the i3 is almost exactly equivalent in power to my previous (unsupported) quad-core CPU that didn't support the unneeded instruction set.

You're seriously kicking a dead horse here. Based on their reaction time to fixing the bugs for those who can run the game, it's going to be a loooooooooooooooooong time before they even consider removing the requirement and possibly having to optimize their code somewhere. Like I mentioned above, adding a simple string to their config filters to prevent ACTUAL EXPLOITS is already too much for them to handle.

Message 2587 of 2,623 (3,202 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Octopushy 

"The real rub is, Apex isn't CPU bound at all...How do I know this? The CPU I now have is an Intel Core i3 3225 dual-core, which is actually 20% below their stated min. spec, and the game runs great. Power wise, the i3 is almost exactly equivalent in power to my previous (unsupported) quad-core CPU that didn't support the unneeded instruction set."

Indeed. Plenty of cases like this.

People with absolutely adequately clocked 4-6 core CPUs that thrive in other modern AAA games, punished because Apex Legends' compiler flags are misaligned for trivial instruction set triggers.

Message 2588 of 2,623 (2,905 Views)

★ Guide
Hello
Its been a while .. EA OmegaLuL
Message 2589 of 2,623 (4,991 Views)

Make support for the phenom

★★★ Newbie

Make support for the phenom, please, and then I have all the systems that fit and the processor does not (Frown

Message 2590 of 2,623 (4,489 Views)