Re: AMD Phenom Crash to Desktop after choosing training or matchmaking :(

by Shwifty_Shwack

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

The real question is not whether EA can fix the problem, we already know that is not impossible. The real question is whether EA will fix it or not

Message 1601 of 2,623 (1,558 Views)

Re: Apex legends crashing without error

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

since todays patch failure "CPU does not have POPCNT !
So since today no APEX anymore ! OVERWATCH and Fortnite still works !
So no APEX for us anymore ?????
DRIVER NVIDIA 418,81 from 29.01.2019
today update from WIN 10
Game starts with Apex LOGO goes to 100% and than comes error messages
CPU does not have POPCNT !

Message 1602 of 2,623 (1,606 Views)

★ Apprentice

@Phantasm_7 Very talented programmers think about such problems in advance. They correctly write the system requirements of the game and indicate there such important moments. And they do not force players to download 14 gb of trash, to see the red lettering "your cpu is too old"

Message 1603 of 2,623 (2,078 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

im pissed off

Message 1604 of 2,623 (2,063 Views)

★ Guide
@fufurkor What is your programming experience, exactly? They may have done this fully intentionally for all we know, at the direction of their bosses. They may have believed not enough users still had these processors to care. I really don't think you know what you are talking about. I have a degree in programming. You can plan and design a system all day long and still end up with odd requirements and dependencies based on a single module added to a massive body of code. Calm down and wait for an official response from Respawn themselves on if/when this problem will be fixed.
Message 1605 of 2,623 (2,087 Views)

★ Apprentice
They may have the best programmers, but they lack eggs and blood to those people
Message 1606 of 2,623 (2,055 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@Phantasm_7 

Espera la respuesta de Respawn?
Hace una semana que esperamos una respuesta. Pero tiene miedo de que los medios de comunicación le criticarán cuando dice: que la gente compra una nueva CPU, ya que no sabemos cómo solucionarlo.

Message 1607 of 2,623 (2,037 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi Blueberry,

Thank you for the clarification. I have a gaming PC with a Core 2 Quad Q9505 CPU and a GTX 1050Ti GPU, 16GB of RAM. It's running Windows 10 64-bit, latest patch. It runs other modern titles (including Titanfall 2) ok, but Apex Legends simply won't open. 

I saw some speculations online that it's due to the lack of SSE 4.1 instruction set support. Is this true? Is the support planned for the future, or am I completely out of luck Frown

Thank you for the help!

Message 1608 of 2,623 (2,002 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

it's just another conspiracy to force users of older cpus to upgrade to the latest and greatest. this isn't anything new game developers have been doing this for decades.

Message 1609 of 2,623 (1,963 Views)

Re: Apex legends crashing without error

★ Apprentice

Figured I Would Let All AMD People Know This, Updated, Got SSS3 Error, Here's What It Means

Apex Legends has not received as many week-one hotfixes as one might've expected it to, but the ones that Respawn Entertainment did push through focused primarily on resolving various problems and fixing bugs across the board. One of the things that changed since release is the way Apex Legends detects minimum specification requirements.

In accordance, what 'CPU does not have SSE 3' means is that you are attempting to run Apex Legends on a machine with an AMD Phenom processor. These CPUs are rather old and mostly obsolete with more modern advances in tech, and one of the things they do not have is a special set of instructions required to run some contemporary software - SSE 3.

Now, do keep in mind that SSE 3 is not new. In fact, SSE 3 is 14 years old, and it is not insensible for modern video games to necessitate support for it. What this all means, however, is that the only way to resolve the problem in question is for you to go out and get a new CPU.

Message 1610 of 2,623 (1,841 Views)