by RevGunthak

Original Post

Re: Crash to Desktop after choosing training or matchmaking :(

★★★ Apprentice

Maybe give us AMD Phenom support dlc and we will be able to buy the access Wink

Message 431 of 2,623 (4,275 Views)

Re: Crash to Desktop after choosing training or matchmaking :(

★★★★ Novice
Well, finally I just need to say that you must put on the requirements page that those who have phenom or earlier can not play.
Thanks EA for doing it again.
Message 432 of 2,623 (5,836 Views)

EA/Respawn: SUPPORT FOR OLDER GAMING CPUs [SSE 4.1/2]

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Enthusiastic gamers using higher end Intel Core 2 Quad/Xeon or AMD Phenom (the high end Quad/Six/Octo cores running 3.4 to 4.4 Ghz w/ ample cache), and we are pairing that with a powerful recent GPU (Eg. GTX 1060/Rx 580~) with ample VRAM (4 to 8GB~), ample system memory (8 to 16GB~), we presume Respawn can look into this.

Namely because we're already playing the likes of PUBG, Fortnite, Fear the Wolves, Blackout, BFV, etc. on these exact PCs at 60fps/High settings/1080p~.

We're playing Witcher 3, Resi Evil 2 remake, smoothly and with nice image quality, you name it.

Old or not, these enthusiast CPUs punch above their weight and meet the Apex spec. These players ran Titanfall 2 without a hitch.

To inform us that we're unable to play Apex properly/correctly on the same PC that the aforementioned games get played on, well, it sounds like a cop out.

This studio has ample technical talent to modify engine values and instruction set compatibility code, towards an update.

Similar issues were sorted out for No Man's Sky, Final Fantasy XV, Black Ops 4, Hitman, Resident Evil VII, Metal Gear Solid V - just to name a few.

Surely if Hello Games can help players in this situation, EA has the wherewithal to do the same.

Ultimately to help more players get into Apex Legends.

Message 433 of 2,623 (7,571 Views)

Re: AMD Phenom Crash to Desktop after choosing training or matchmaking :(

★★★★ Apprentice
I guess that "blueberry" knows more than us, after all, he is a EA community manager, why would he be lying?
Message 434 of 2,623 (5,638 Views)

★★★★ Guide

So they are unwilling to patch this issue, unlike Destiny 2, Call of Duty Black Ops IV, Mass Effect Andromeda 

All of these games have received patches from their respective developers allowing people with Phenom CPU's to play their games and enjoy them as they do. 

It's very sad to hear that Respawn Entertainment is unwilling to rewrite some code to not use any SSE 4.1 instruction sets and thus allow people with Phenom CPU's to play this game. 

If I am able to run PUBG at 60 fps, Blackout at 60fps, Resident Evil 2 at 60fps and other recent games at good frames as well, I don't really see any reason that this CPU is unable to run Apex Legends. 

Message 435 of 2,623 (5,649 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@MMaRsuthere are lazy and dont want to spend extra time on simple fix.. that the only reason...

Message 436 of 2,623 (5,581 Views)

Add Phenom support

★ Apprentice

Add phenom support because you guys are just ignoring thousands of players with perfectly good cpus just because you are lazy and dont want to make it compatible with phenom cpus.

I know that the problem is that you are using SSE4 , But so many other developers have fixed that and supported these cpus so why cant you.

Specs:

Cpu: Phenom II 1090T Black Edition

Gpu: rx 560 4g

Ram: 16 gigs

MotherBoard: Asus M4A88T -M

Message 437 of 2,623 (4,723 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Sadly enough they really have no reason to patch it with over a million players with in 8 hours they see a couple of thousands players as collateral damage that doesn't matter probably.

I know what I will be telling my friends and others when they talk about this game ahh yah expect me to * on it every chance I get.

Message 438 of 2,623 (5,573 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I would ask all of you people with Phenom CPU's who want to play Apex Legends to flock towards social media. Reddit, Twitter, Instagram anything. 

Keep it polite but ask anyone to ask Respawn Entertainment for an answer to this question. 

Let them know we will not give up and we will continue to ask for support! 

Message 439 of 2,623 (5,518 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Listen, this game sucks. The hype will last for 2 weeks maximum... Forget about this crap game / developpers. Thousands of BRs are coming for 2019..

Message 440 of 2,623 (5,505 Views)