by ElementalP0tato

Original Post

Re: AMD Phenom Crash Cheapest Solution - SSE4.1 & SSSE3 Error Fix

★★ Novice

I got the FX-8000 and my PC works better than ever

Message 21 of 29 (1,507 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Or... you can just not buy anymore EA stuff. I don't anymore since BF4. Thought I would try Apex since it was free and get the same error (CPU unsupported; CPU does not support SSSE3). Just another fail in an already large list of fails that EA has their hand in. No surprise here. Good luck with the fix players. Hope it works out but know it will not.

Message 22 of 29 (1,500 Views)

★ Guide
@PT_Bourne I hear you. I bought BFV because I am a huge BF fan and it was on sale for $40 when I got it. I really enjoy the game, but I get more and more disappointed as time goes on. As for Apex Legends, the good thing is that I don't have to pay for it. Plus Respawn did a phenomenal job with the game overall, unlike Dice with BFV. I honestly haven't bought any in game loot yet, partially because I had to buy the processor. At least the processor benefits everything I do on my PC though. In general though, I agree. EA should not be supported for most of their current practices.
Message 23 of 29 (1,456 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
there are reports of random crashes that happen with FX chips. i have no choice but to save my pennies and go for a Ryzen down the line. shame to the game looks like fun.
Message 24 of 29 (1,421 Views)

★ Guide

@badfanculo I believe those issues are only with the FX-6000 series. I have not heard of any issue with the FX-8000 series and I personally have not had a single crash, for what that's worth. Given the price, it makes no sense to go for a 6000 over an 8000 anyways. I hear you though.

Message 25 of 29 (1,408 Views)

★ Guide

I won't lie, it #feelsbadman they have not fixed this for Phenom users and other gamers with older hardware.

What I will say is that this gaming experience has totally felt worth the upgrade to me, plus it was still a speed boost.

The new battle pass looks awesome, it feels like Respawn put a lot of thought into it, and this game is fun!

Your best option is still the FX-8350 if you have an AM3+ motherboard. $59 new and shipped on eBay right now.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?ff3=4&toolid=11800&pub=5575456869&campid=53384352...

GLHF everyone!

Message 26 of 29 (1,329 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

they are practically telling us to pay a minimum of $75 to play their game thats meant for free. makes absolutely no sense

Message 27 of 29 (1,305 Views)

★★★ Newbie

TI'm running the FX 8120 and I'm still having the same issues. Funny I played this game with no issues before update.

Message 28 of 29 (1,201 Views)

★★ Novice

IKR maybe EA is trying to rip us off

Message 29 of 29 (1,186 Views)