Re: AMD 5700XT Game Crash / Freeze Error : 0x774a0006-dxgi_error_device_hung

by DuckOff_TV

Original Post

0x887a0006 Error and sometimes no error message when crashing

★ Novice

Hey, I've been trying to get into a game today but I kept on crashing mid/late game and the game has become unplayable with a crash in every game I go to now.

My specs are a Ryzen 3600 and a RTX2060 Super with no overclocking. 

I don't know how to fix this issue that has popped up for me ever since the new update came around so I'm here to say that the game is now bringing up my anxiety of crashing whenever I jump into a game and that's not fun. I would like to know if anyone else is having this issue and has anyone found a solution to this problem? 

Thank you. 

Message 11 of 22 (1,626 Views)

Game runs very bad & "Engine Error"

★★★ Newbie

Hey guys,

so Apex runs extremely bad on my PC. 

I have a Laptop with an eGPU

Dell XPS 15 7590 (2019)

16GB RAM

i7 9750H

the eGPU is a RTX 2070 from Gigabyte (Gigabyte Aorus Gaming Box)

The game worked, but I get super inconsient FPS.

PUBG, Escape From Tarkov all run on max settings at over 60 FPS easily at 1440p

Apex at 1140p runs like A**. I get the same performace at 1080p as well as all settings to low. 

Does anyone know what is going on? Now my game also crashed for the first time, ceck the screenshot

Message 12 of 22 (1,639 Views)

Re: [Season 4] Still getting DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

i requested EA / re-spawn many times regarding the issue, when will they fix it......... i have not heard anything from them

they have never acknowledge the issue and no news when will they fix it. This is how they fix the Issue by Silencing You. EAHelped me by this

2020.02.10-12.42.png

(Posts merged and cleaned up by CM. Please read the AHQ forum rules of posting.)

Message 13 of 22 (1,597 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

As shared here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/DXGI-Error-Device-Hung-Fix/m-p/8733056#M62962, If you are getting the device hung error I was too. Hopefully this fix works for you because it worked for me. My game is now stable with the latest patch of season 4.

Go and download a program called DDU – Display Driver Uninstaller. https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html Download the latest driver for your video card so it is ready to go. Run DDU and I recommend just using the standard settings. This program not only uninstalls your video drivers but subsequently all associated files with said driver. It goes way further than just uninstalling your video drivers yourself. Restart you computer and the drivers have been removed. Install your newly downloaded video drivers and install. Restart your computer and play a few games in Apex.

I hope this solved your problem as it fixed mine. I have a Ryzen 7 3800x with and 2080ti. My friend was smart enough to suggest this to me and it has worked. So far I have 5 stable games, as before I was crashing in my first game of the day or 2nd game consistently since patch.

(Post cleaned up by CM, Please read the AHQ forum rules)

Message 14 of 22 (1,586 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@GalliumDeath, i tried, it doesn't work. It did not solve anything. I tried everything from Clean Uninstallation of Drivers to PC Format to RegEdit tweaks etc. They dont work.........

When i ask EA for Help, they say we are working with Nvidia to solve this issue for Nvidia GPU users...What about AMD ??? What are we suppose to do ???   i cant play the game specially RANKED BATTLES, and I get banned for the game crash.... 

Update: Oh nice this is EPIC, i get a 300+ Hours of Ban from Playing Apex........ Bravo. Game Crash Device Hung Error and this is how they fix it..........

2020.02.10-19.41.png

(Posts merged by CM and cleaned up. Please read the AHQ forum rules)

Message 15 of 22 (1,556 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

It fixed my computer. Why would you continue playing and test it in ranked when you know it’s crashing? Test it in normal instead of ranked. 

(Posts merged by CM. Profanity and bait removed. Please read the AHQ forum rules)

Message 16 of 22 (1,537 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@GalliumDeath   if something works for you doesnt mean it will work for everyone. 

(Bait removed by CM. Please read the AHQ forum rules)

Message 17 of 22 (1,473 Views)

BUG Error 0x887A0006 - “DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG” is it FIXED or Not

★★★★★ Newbie

Guys, i love Apex legends and it is the first Battle Royal game i have ever played in my life, 

i uninstalled the game since Jan 2020 after playing for nearly a year due to a Game breaking BUG Error 0x887A0006 - “DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG”...

after watching youtube videos about the latest Patch and changes and buff they made to the game,

i want to start playing the game again, but i wont waste my Limited data usage to download the game and find that the Error 0x887A0006 - “DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG” is still not fixed....

can you help me find whether its been fixed or not ??? Please

i own a * AMD PowerColor Red Devil 5700XT GPU and 3700X CPU and for some reason the gameplay was never stable

i want to know whether the game has been fixed or not .......

Message 18 of 22 (1,425 Views)

Re: BUG Error 0x887A0006 - “DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG” is it FIXED or Not

★★★★★ Newbie

any Updates ??? on my question 

Message 19 of 22 (1,397 Views)

★★ Novice
@DuckOff_TV hey, did you manage to find a solution for AMD?
Message 20 of 22 (1,310 Views)