Re: A complete mess on PC - crashing, slow loads, scaling issues

by EA_Atic

Original Post

A complete mess on PC - crashing, slow loads, scaling issues

★★ Novice

This game is a complete mess on the PC, do not buy it or go anywhere near it in this state

- scaling issues so different modes (windowed, borderless etc.) are needed to be set to enable it to even start smoothly

- embarrasingly slow and inconsistent loading, anything from 2 - 10 mins waiting all over the place

- contant crashing at various points, nothing consistent to report as it happens all the time

Message 1 of 3 (219 Views)

★★ Novice

I have been gaming for over 30 years and I have never seen such a technical mess of a game - ended up just getting a refund, something I have never done before as I normally persevere to the bitter end. But I am not prepared to wait over 10 mins on many of the loads (it is very random how long it takes), suffer hitching in most of the cutscenes and crashes at random places throughout the game.

It doesn't seem to matter what the graphical settings are, I have tried 1080 all the way to 4k in different refresh rates - windowed, borderless, fullscreen - all sorts of options. Same (but slightly different) results every time - long random load time, stuttering cutscenes which sometimes crash, when it does play it is smooth and nice until it just randomly crashes. A note this is not using VR, we have an HTC Vive but I have not got this to stay up long enough to actually see whether that is worth trying or not.

My PC is not that slow it is i7-6700k, GTX980Ti, 16Gb RAM - all drivers up to date and never had any problems on other games, quite happily play Half Life Alyx on this rig. 

Message 2 of 3 (204 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey, @FrootShoot Can you make a bug report for the issue here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/star-wars-squadrons-bug-reports-en

Thanks!

/Atic 

Message 3 of 3 (132 Views)