Hi,

PC System:
CPU: i7 8700k

MOBO: Asus ROG strix z370e

RAM: 16gb Hyperx 2666mhz

closed corsair liquid cooling loop

GPU: Evga gtx 1070 SC

OS run off m.2 ssd and games run off 250gb ssd

Direct x 12, Connected via Ethernet, current Windows 10 & current Nvidia drivers as bf5 would not open without update and restart.

Had bf5 for 1 day and have found significant high latency issues when connecting to Oceanic servers. I am located Perth, Australia and connecting to Sydney servers at supposedly 80ms. game loads in fast and within 1 minute my ping sky rockets to 999, it will settle after 2mins for 15seconds then back to 999.

The following forum post has similar concerns on this issue without resolution: https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/161486/ping-problem/p1

Windows defender is not blocking bf5 traffic and have also tried running game and origin in Administrator. Have performed "repair game" in origin but does not pick up any fault.

Downloaded the Alpha on the 2nd last day and had exactly same issue; assumed it was an alpha bug. 

Is anyone having similar issues or come across a fix for this?

The following pictures show my internet speeds and network graph and latency within game:

Message 1 of 18 (10,781 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: 999 PING BATTLEFIELD 5 - UNPLAYABLE

★★★ Novice

IT WAS GOD DAMN ONE DRIVE. CLOSE ONE DRIVE IF YOU HAVENT. TY 

View in thread

Message 9 of 18 (10,484 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

Yes I am having the same issue I am in north america and connecting to other severs I too get ping spiking to 600-999 for most of the game any fix yet?

Message 2 of 18 (10,728 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Latency Test https://vimeo.com/user85468349/review/302604580/daf629edb8

I have same problem, In server lobby it show 40-50 MS, When i log in game and spawn i get 999+

I try play LoL and BF 4 and i have normal latency but BF V is unplayable for me. Im from Slovakia, and normaly connecting to DE servers in BF V and BF4, i get this crazy latency only in BF V

I test cable and 5ghz wifi same results

Message 3 of 18 (10,704 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Do you have a custom motherboard software that is controlling the priority of the game? For example MSI/Gigabyte boards have "Killer" NICs which will need to be disabled or the priority for the game and origin to be set correctly.
Message 4 of 18 (10,686 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

no, it is not my motherboard. mine is Intel not Killer.

since posting this i have tried with firewall on and off to see any change, but no change firewall is not blocking bf5

no solution for this issue yet guys. EA_Atic was working on it last week but have no had a response from them yet.

Message 5 of 18 (10,669 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey folks, same issue here. wired ADSL2+ connection in Brisbane. Should note, ping does settling to 20-40 if left for long enough, but immediately spikes back to 999.

Playing all other games without issue. Played the open beta without fault as well, only difference being an upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7.

It's not my internet connection as I have also tried tethering from my phones internet to the same results.

I've deleted, reinstalled, reset network adapters, forwarded relevant ports, allowed permisions for origin and bf5 through windows defender and still nothing. I even changed the HDD the game is installed on I'm getting that desperate. Hoping for a fix soon.

Specs:

GTX1080

i5-7600

32gig DDR4

Message 6 of 18 (10,654 Views)

★★★★ Novice
yikes Frown hope they find a solution soon. literally unplayable
Message 7 of 18 (10,640 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here, no issues in the Beta, game releases and i get a few days of normal play and then now no matter what server, what game mode, 999 ping and cant play the game, i spent good money on this and I can't play it, it's beyond the joke now. Absolutely ridiculous.

Message 8 of 18 (10,621 Views)

★★★ Novice

IT WAS GOD DAMN ONE DRIVE. CLOSE ONE DRIVE IF YOU HAVENT. TY 

Message 9 of 18 (10,485 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes i'm in Sydney and have a stable 22ms ping in other games but get erratic ping spikes to 300ms in BFV. It was getting to 999ms but i opened all the ports on my modem and it since gone down too 300ms but not anywhere near playable. Recorded a video with network graph: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLg720QFARk&t=123s

Have tried the other ways to diagnose my connection but can't seem to find the reason for it.

Message 10 of 18 (10,474 Views)