96Khz issue

by Sick1Click

Original Post

96Khz issue

★★★★ Pro

Hi,

there is a Problem with playback quality at 96Khz. The tone the Charakters make when they speak is very bad, crackles and cracks. I'm using the beyerdynamic TYGR 300 R bundle, which is classified for 96Khz.

If I set the quality to 44.1 kHz for example, I have problems with discord etc.

I switched from german voice ingame to english, same issue. All other programs working well by the way, no sound issue there.

Other sound in apex is not affected, just all voices of the characters.

Can anyone confirm this problem?

Ore is there a solution?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 8 (1,048 Views)

Re: 96Khz issue

★ Pro
@Sick1Click Hey man i have a roland quad capture with beyerdynamic dt 770 pro at 96khz.. never had any issues as the roland goes up to 192khz.. what is ur sound card?
Message 2 of 8 (1,040 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Hey, interesting. The sound card is inside the FOX Mic, it's connected via USB-C to the computer. So its maybe the FOX mic. which is causing troubles. I'll contact beyerdyncamic.

Thanks for your replay.

Message 3 of 8 (1,024 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@Konform103 can you recognize any differenz from 44,1Khz to 96Khz (or above) in Apex Legends?

Message 4 of 8 (1,014 Views)

★ Pro
@Sick1Click No i cant.. i have this set to 96khz for music.. as far as i can find any info some reporting source engine of apex support untill 44khz.. so it does some upscaling in my device but i have clear audio..

Also make sure u set it to 96khz in fox mic native app.. and then go to windows audio mnger and set it there too.. maybe the fox support 96khz audio record but not playback it would be weird but would not surprise

Gl!
Message 5 of 8 (999 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@Konform103 there is no nativ app, i've just the windows settings to adjust. If I set the record quality to 96khz and the playback to 44,1Khz, my voice sounds like mickey mouse :D So maybe the FOX mic doesn't support upscaling for some reason.. let's see what beyerdynamic answers me.

Message 6 of 8 (971 Views)

★ Pro
@Sick1Click Okay.. just a disclaimer.. ur headset is 32 ohms.. dont pair it up with any amplifier thats not suited for it.. for example my headset is 250ohm.. my sound device would destroy a 32 ohm headset
Message 7 of 8 (966 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@Konform103 dont worry, the TYGR 300 R is a bundle of mic and headphone you can buy. It has 32 Ohm, all fine.

Message 8 of 8 (956 Views)