Re: 500 sim cash taken when app froze and I “won” a treadmill

by SalixCat

Original Post

500 sim cash taken when app froze and I “won” a treadmill

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone XS max
OS Version 14.6
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? app kept crashing and stuck on load screen
What do you expect to see? the sims mobile loading screen and then a rewards page with items
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Europe
Country France

So I live in France and I know the app was having a lot of problems today in europe because I saw on reddit.  

I was playing like normal and then the app went to the loading / blue screen and was stuck there.  I put my phone down and then a few seconds later I see it open/ working again and it says “you received these awards !” 

and it shows the “trailblazer treadmill” with all its colours unlocked.  

i very confused and thought it was a weird bug especially because i already had this item in my inventory.  then I realized a few minutes later that around 500 sim cash was taken from my account  Frown 

I don’t know what happened when it was frozen but it took 500 sim cash that I have been saving for ages and gave me an item I don’t want and already owned.  

I tried to contact the EA support but they said they couldn’t give me a refund and to try posting here.  

I am very upset and confused how this could happy I just want my sim cash back.  Has this happened for anyone else ? anyone have an idea how to get a refund of the 500 sim cash ? is it possible to

reset my account back to before this happened ? any help would be great 

Message 1 of 4 (622 Views)

Hero

@24paris 

Unfortunately this is an issue that we can't help you fix from the forums. You will need to send in a Help Ticket from your in-game app.

A Help Ticket from your in-game account is a message that brings through needed details directly to mobile advisors. 

Using other methods like Facebook or Twitter will only delay support and  you will be asked to go back and send an in-game help ticket.

Help tickets from your mobile in-game account are the best way to contact support as they will go through directly to the mobile advisors who will be far more informed.

Follow the following steps:

• Tap the arrow pull-out tab on the right side of the game screen.

Tapping the arrow to open the help menu on the right side of the screen in The Sims Mobile.

• Tap the Settings cog tab.
      • Tap Help & About.
      • Tap Help to visit EA Help.

The Help & About button in The Sims Mobile Settings menu.

The EA Help site will open on your device's web browser.

1. Choose your device.
      2. Select topic. Missing content.
      3. Select issue Had content and missed it.
      4. Provide your player-ID
      5. Select contact option Email. (Email is the best option as solving this kind of issue might take some time.)
      6. Fill in the form. Provide all information that could help solve your case.
      7. Attach screenshots that can help the advisor understand your problem.
      8. Tap on the button 'Email us'.

If the EA Help site does not open, try clearing cookies on your browser. This might help open the EA website on your device. Here you can read how to clear cookies on iPhone or iPad 

If you are not able to open your game app, please use the following link to send in a ticket: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/?product=the-sims-mobile 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 2 of 4 (591 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hi thanks so much for replying to me

i followed your steps but it doesn’t give me email as a contact option.  it only shows me live chat or receive a phone call.  i already tried the live chat many times yesterday they couldn’t help me.  do you have any idea how i can email them ? it doesn’t show up for me 

Message 3 of 4 (562 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@24paris I guess the options are different from one region to another.
I live in Norway and there is no option for chat or phone call, only email.
I will ask what you can do to get help.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 4 of 4 (548 Views)