50-45-5 gear pack issue and support tickets appear broken

by 98m34b7c53

Original Post

50-45-5 gear pack issue and support tickets appear broken

★★★ Novice

I purchased three of the 50-45-5 gear packs two days ago.  They appear to be broken.  Each had a 50% chance of 10 salvage for each of 6 different gear pieces and a 50% (45% + 5%) chance of more (15 or 20).  With three pack purchases, that is 18 separate chances.  But all 18 came up 10 for me.  While I know there's an RNG aspect to this and I don't expect to end up with the average (or expected value) amount of gear or to hit it big.  But my experience has been the equivalent of flipping heads 18 times in a row: A 1 in 262,244 chance.  Is the random portion of this pack working?

I've been unable to open a ticket on help.ea.com.  Well, I've opened several tickets over the past couple days either for chat and now recently for call back.  I get ticket numbers.  But there's no chat window (regardless of browser) and no call backs or emails with details.  Nor do the cases show up under My Cases.  So I"m not sure if these are going through or not. Apologies for duplicates, but the feedback loop appears broken.  Is there something else I should be doing to correctly raise a support ticket?  I can't find an email or phone number option.

Thanks-

Marty

Message 1 of 4 (863 Views)

Re: 50-45-5 gear pack issue and support tickets appear broken

@98m34b7c53 I believe those packs do a single roll for lol the gear. Instead of 18 results, you are jut seeing 3 results.

I had it happen once where I got the 20 gear, and it was on every item, which seemed statistically improbable. I asked my guild, and everyone always received the same quantity for each associated gear.

Hope this helps!

★★★ Novice

ah- 3 bad rolls in a roll is perfectly feasibly.  I misunderstood that it was rolled per item.

How should support work?  I feel like I've left dozens of open tickets that should be closed.  But I can't see that I've ever been contacted about one of them as a chat window doesn't load regardless of browser and I've never received a call.  I'd like to close any open tickets I have, but also understand how the support is supposed to be engaged.

Message 3 of 4 (801 Views)

@98m34b7c53 Support engages based on how a ticket is filed. A “bug report” simply gets catalogued, and the studio will review all of the reports. Those never receive a response, however.

Feedback loops,exist for tickets where a player is stuck or missing items. I forget which categories are selected for those.