4k LG TV - Madden 19 - Weird Issue

by Otrees

Original Post

Re: MADDEN 19 PC 4K TV PURPLE SCREEN

★★★ Newbie

I just wanted to chime in here, 1080ti and b7a owner running into the same problem. However, I didn't have this issue until I updated to the Aug 1 GeForce drivers. Prior to that I was a few drivers behind. I have to play in windowed mode now to bypass this, but I just wanted to share my experience on when this started happening to me.

Message 41 of 99 (2,686 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Another one here for the purple/yellow colouring whilst trying to play with HDR enabled on an LG tv. I also find that when I exit the game it just goes to a black screen and I cannot force quit or alt-tab to Windows so have no choice but to turn off the PC. Annoying!

Message 42 of 99 (2,914 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem but worse. I have an LG C7 65 inch.  I didnt know about this issue until the August 10th release date. These are the problems I experienced. 

#1. loaded the game and "HDR" signal came on, soon after I was promoted about the "Deep Color" that will be turned on. Once I pressed "OK" I lost signal from my PC to my TV. Now given that this is my first time ever having this problem, I didnt know how to fix it. I ultimately got to the "General options" and turned off the Deep color option, but then I didnt realize that my PC went into sleep-mode, which typically loses signal when it does so, so I didnt realize that turning the deep color off actually worked given that there was still no signal since the PC was sleep. So, I ended up initiating "factory settings" which caused me to lose my calibration, all of my apps, my Sonos playbar software....everything. 

#2. After taking all of Friday reinstalling, re-calibrating and resyncing my audio, I get back to my desktop and I check my Geforce to make sure that my drivers are up-to-date. Well, I updated my drivers on my 1080ti and tried to load Madden. Now instead of seeing Madden I get a "black screen" and on the top right is says "Dolby Vision" and not "HDR" as it said before the driver update. Ultimately I have the same issue as once I start Madden it forces the Deep Color feature and I immediately lose signal between PC/TV. 

Once I disable Deep color in the general options I immediately get my desktop and I can see Madden in windowed mode, but I cant control the screen with my controller. Once I touch the window with my cursor the screen goes back to black as I get the deep color feature again. 

#3. I go into origin, which by the way doesnt automatically scale up its texts like Steam for 4k TV's, so its hard as hell to read anything when all of the text is super small. Anyway, I go into the properties of Madden, go to the command line and put in "W" for window mode and launch the game. The game launches in window mode but now the I get his purple/yellow mess. When I touch the window with the cursor....same black screen and I get signal disconnect. So I cant see the game in full screen and in window mode the colors are messed up which renders this game unplayable for me even in window mode. And speaking of Window mode...

#4. Window mode only worked the first time. I tried to quick the game and relaunch Madden in window mode and instead it goes directly into full screen mode even though I clearly saved in the command line for the game to open in Window mode. 

I NEVER use Origin for any games, I've always been a steam guy for my PC games. I always purchased Madden (when I thought the game may have changed) on console. Since EA stated that they will introduce Madden to Origin this year, I decided to set up my origin account an purchased the game prelaunch. I cant even play the game, and navigating Origin is a f'ing chore. 

EA generally disgusts me because I've always wanted the option of a different take on NFL football and they took that away with this license. They generally disgusts me given that I've always wanted NFL Head Coach to be the CFM for Madden given that im a sim guy and I dont ever play MUT or play online....but instead Im given a very limited franchise experience EVEN THOUGH EA has already made a NFL management game that was excellent 10 years ago yet refuses to implement it. 

But what really disgusts me as of late is obviously how this experience is going with this game and the terrible Origin interface. I literally have a game that I cannot play or Origin. It's the only game I've ever purchased on Origin and Im already regretting this experience....as usual when it comes to this freaking company. 

I dont appreciate the customer experience with EA, and now even the NFL because both only see dollars while I receive limited experiences in CFM because the money maker MUT receives all of the attention while CFM receives excuses year after year. And now after skipping Madden 18 and purchasing Madden 19, I've once again allowed myself to deal with this company. And they know like I know that many of us only deal with them because of our want of an NFL football game. 

Im truly disgusted at this experience, and for the fact that this has been going on for days and there hasnt been an update by EA Origin to fix this is also not surprising. I've downloaded trial games on Origin and I have no problem with any other game except Madden. 

I wish the day that EA loses this NFL license. 

Message 43 of 99 (2,890 Views)

Re: 4k LG TV - Madden 19 - Weird Issue

★★ Novice

Having a similar issue with a 65" LG UHD tv, posted a video here --

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDyGU2CjliM

Just spent all night dealing with EA chat support and got nowhere. 

Message 44 of 99 (2,863 Views)

★★★ Novice

If it’s washed out then it most likely is enabling HDR from Windows.  I still got the purple nurple screens...pissing me off.

Message 45 of 99 (2,855 Views)

★ Novice

No real solution.  I signed up for Origin Premier and a big part of it was Madden.  Contacted support to cancel and get a refund and they were actually very good about it and processed it right away.  If a solution is found I will have no issue re-subbing.  I would say for anyone who has subbed to Origin Premier or purchased via the Origin store, you should request a refund.

The only way to hold companies accountable to putting out a working product is to provide financial incentive.  Get your money back and once the product is fixed you can buy it again.

Message 46 of 99 (2,775 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Just received a refund due to this issue. They did not even ask me why I was refunding and nobody reached out to me either. I doubt EA is going to solve the situation if they don't even care why you're refunding.

Edit: TV- LG-OLED65C7P   GC- Nvidia GTX-1080ti

Message 47 of 99 (2,746 Views)

★ Novice

I have same issue, black screen on 4k HDRTV and can't do anything because Dolby Vision is automatically ON - please EA patch an option to turn HDR OFF on PC, it is currently broken.  10 hour trial getting wasted trying to fix this...

Message 48 of 99 (2,721 Views)

★ Novice

I’m also seeing this issue. Can’t get full screen to work at all, it shows pink and yellow colors.  Using an lg e6 4k tv. Dolby vision kicks in on full screen sometimes. Windowed mode works ok though.  I have an nvidia 980ti.  

Message 49 of 99 (2,712 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

This is crazy. The issue is with the game, not the TV. I have a Samsung NU8000 65 inch and the game looks terrible. I spent hours trying to reconfigure my display settings. I loaded a few other games, and they all looked perfect. EA needs to patch this. 

Message 50 of 99 (2,675 Views)