Re: MADDEN 19 PC 4K TV PURPLE SCREEN

by PaCiFiKbAllA

Original Post

★★★★ Novice
@Otrees That's a good point, part of it could be because the April patch of Windows 10 was implemented after Battlefield 1 was released and they've already had time to adjust. Madden was in the middle of development during that patch and it can be hard to get your code right when you have a moving target. I'm sure the frostbite engine is being used in a very different way for games like Madden and FIFA (which correct me if I'm wrong does not support HDR in the PC version). Madden is also being developed by EA Tiburon where as EA Digital Illusions CE is the developer for Battlefield. That said you make a good point, perhaps some of the folks over there would have some experience dealing with this problem.
Message 61 of 99 (2,124 Views)

Hdr mode will not turn off

★ Novice

I use LG ultrawide 34wk650 HDR monitor.

I turned off the HDR function in my windows personal settings.

But everytime I play Madden NFL 19  PC, HDR function is automatically turning on.

I think the monitor or computer itself is automatically adjusting its settings because the input signal is HDR.

When I play it in windowed mode, not a full screen, HDR is turning off.

I tried to find HDR setting inside the game but there was no setting controlling HDR

I had no issue when I played EA FIFA 17.

Is there any way to to solve this problem? cause I personally don't prefer HDR function.

Message 62 of 99 (2,051 Views)

Re: Hdr mode will not turn off

★★★★ Novice
Hi @lebronzzx this appears to be the crux of the problem. There is no way to turn off HDR in game and due to the way Windows interacts with HDR capable monitors or TVs HDR is being turned on/off incorrectly, not just in Madden 19, but a lot of other games. Because the problem lies at the Windows level through a process called WDDM 2.4 (Windows Display Driver Model), the graphics card makers (mainly Nvidia) and games developers have a limited scope on what they can do to fix it.

Inevitably they will find a work around and the game will start functioning properly, but for now for both them and us, it's a major source of frustration. The game won't even play for me unless it's in Windowed mode.
Message 63 of 99 (2,020 Views)

Re: 4k LG TV - Madden 19 - Weird Issue

★★★ Novice

My tv can do Hdr10 and Dolby Vision. The game Forces DV and does not seem to use HDR10 at all. That’s Fullscreen mode. I see DV fine with Madden 19 but it does seem a little dark. Also, direct x 12 causes the screen to swap in and out of HDR mode when pressing that button that shows you where where everyone is going during a play( when camera zooms away fast) 

To play without hiccups, I have to play fullscreen mode at 1080p 60 RGB 12 bit color. Or 4K 30, RGB 12 bit color. Seems to be all Dolby Vision works with. 

Message 64 of 99 (1,973 Views)

I knew I made the wrong choice..

★★★★ Novice

In the days up to the release of Madden 19 I had a dilemma, do I buy it on PC or PS4? For the last two years I've bought Madden for the PS4 and the excitement of finally getting to play it again on my PC won me over. My specs are not mind boggling but good enough to run the game at 4K with most of the settings ramped up. So I paid my £55 and pre-loaded the game in eagerness for the unlock time to come around. Then the fun began. As the owner of an LG TV I immediately ran into issues with HDR and getting the purple/green colouring effect that has been talked about on here A LOT. Fiddling with HDR settings didn't seem to help and in the end I got it working by playing in Windowed mode or at a lower resolution. Then there's that damn mouse cursor that keeps appearing in the middle of the screen - breaking any immersion there is. And when the game doesnt suddenly crash out in the middle of a session, each time I exit it I just get a black screen and can do nothing but switch off the computer to boot it back up again. 

Now that the refund window has been and gone I'm stuck with this game. I knew I should've bought it on console, at least then I'd be able to actually PLAY a session without any crashes/weird colourings etc. I guess I'm stuck with the PC version now, and all I can do is hope the first patch is released soon so that I can get some play for the hard earned dosh I've spent. Who knows? In the upcoming months there may be more patches which will fix most of the issues I'm getting. Perhaps as a Christmas present from EA I will be able to PLAY the game in late December and have all the problems sorted! For now I'll just have to move onto something else and load up Origin periodically and wait for that first patch download to appear...

In future, if I do buy another EA game from Origin, I'm certainly not going to pre-order it or buy it until its had at least one patch!

Message 65 of 99 (1,801 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Game has been out for weeks and still no fix. Get it together, EA. This is the only game that's literally unplayable on a high end 4K OLED TV.

Message 66 of 99 (1,864 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ok, I just tried to play Madden 19 again on my LG TV.  This time I got the error I attached.  The graphics drivers are up to date.  Never got this error before, assuming Madden 19 is now crashing the graphics driver with whatever information its trying to send to it.  

Message 67 of 99 (1,847 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

BS better get fixed before regular season begins that’s all I gotta say...waited more than 10 years for this BS and they still can’t get it right...the NFL should just hand the reigns over to 2K...EA has had its run for too long 

Message 68 of 99 (1,841 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This is absolutely not solved and I don't know why it was marked as such. 

Message 69 of 99 (1,800 Views)

★ Apprentice

It's only solved in the sense that the EA rep has acknowledged that the problem has been made aware to their team...which is better than nothing.  Makes you wonder what EA is doing with all their money if they're not outfitting their game testers with OLED TVs though smh

Message 70 of 99 (1,774 Views)