Re: 408 cant connect to matchmaking servers

by Kyzer_Wilhelm

Original Post

408 cant connect to matchmaking servers

★★★ Newbie

can somebody help, i havent been able to connect to apex for over 24 hours now. i have done every step there is on your website i have deleted and re-installed the game twice.

it is still not working, but i can stil play on my smurf without any problems.

fix plz

Message 1 of 11 (3,956 Views)

Unable to connect to EA servers. Data Center: Downloading... 408

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hi, I am getting the "error syncing cloud storage data" message when I launch the game and if I ignore it, I get "failed to connect to EA servers" when I try get into the main menu. 

At the bottom of the screen, it says. Data Center: Downloading... 408

Tried all of the common fixes that I'm aware of including changing my DNS. I'm on PC.

Strangely enough, it seems to be able to connect occasionally for very brief periods of time... 

EDIT:

Found temporary fix. The issue seems to resolve itself. Simply leave the game running on the loading screen. Eventually, it will connect and "Downloading... 408" will change to the latency of the nearest server. Can wait up to 15 min in my experience. One can then load into the main menu and begin playing. 

note: Cloud sync still not functional.

Message 2 of 11 (3,945 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@OP_Senketsu Not sure if you are still having the problem, but I found a temporary solution. The issue seems to resolve itself. Simply leave the game running on the loading screen. Eventually, it will connect and "Downloading... 408" will change to the latency of the nearest server. Can wait up to 15 min in my experience.. One can then load into the main menu and begin playing.
Message 3 of 11 (3,915 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Unfortunately, this has not helped for me. I left mine on loading screen overnight. No luck.

If anyone else has a possible solution, please share.

Message 4 of 11 (3,783 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This helped for me:

Change DNS Windows 10:
Right-click the bottom left windows icon (start menu).
Select Network Connections.
On the left you will find a tab Ethernet, here you will find an option Change adapter options.
When you clicked on this a new window will open up showing your network card, right-click your network card and select properties.
Scroll down till you find the option: Internet protocol Version 4(TCP/IPv4).
Highlight this by clicking on this once and click on Properties.

Here you will find on the bottom the DNS settings.
select the Use the following DNS server addresses.
Now fill in the DNS of Google:
Preferred DNS server: 8.8.8.8
Alternate DNS server: 8.8.4.4

Click ok and close all other windows.

Message 5 of 11 (3,780 Views)

★★★ Newbie

will this work for windows 7?

Message 6 of 11 (3,751 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you so much! I have been dealing with this for the last 4 days and iv been on 3 live chats with EA support and no one could help me.

You are awesome!

Message 7 of 11 (3,726 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Bro it didn't work for me

it says DNS server 8.8.8.8 is not valid

Message 8 of 11 (3,440 Views)

★★★ Newbie

bruh exact same * nothing works ive even factory wiped my pc and it doesnt work no clue what to do at this point already been on the phone for a hour on the call to support and still nothings happened lol its abit mad 

Message 9 of 11 (2,759 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Plus those DNS settings did jack * i was at home and it didn’t work still a week later I’m here at uni and still doesn’t work lolllllllllllllllllll

Message 10 of 11 (2,736 Views)