by mitchorb

Original Post

Accepted Solution

4.0 Update

Message 1 of 9 (696 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: 4.0 Update

Hero

Try a DNS flush, I know they failed back to an different ISP a few days ago, don't know if they switched back but try this:

1. Click start, then in search type "cmd" (without the quotes) and press enter.

2. In the window Command Prompt type: ipconfig /flushdns

3. Restart the launcher.

If that doesn't work also do a reboot of your computer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.

View in thread

Message 6 of 9 (663 Views)

All Replies

Hero

This is a 8.5 GB update which is the largest they have and a lot of people are trying to patch.

First make sure that swtor.exe and launcher.exe are added to your anti-virus / firewall safe list, this can cause some slowdowns if it's not.

If that doesn't work, try the below:

1. Run the launcher and log in.
2. Open the task manager on your computer (shortcut is Ctrl+Shift+Esc).
3. Select the Processes tab. On Windows 7, sort by image name and look for any starting with "br", they should be listed as belonging to Bitraider in the description column. In Windows 8.1, scroll down to the Background Processes and look for any Bitraider listings. Right click and end them. Don't worry if they come back.
4. Select the Services tab. In Windows 7, click on the button in the lower right corner that says Services. In 8.1, click the link at the bottom that says Open Services.
5. In the Services window, sort the list by the Name column, and look for BitRaider Mini-Support Service. Right click on it and select properties.
6. On the General tab, about halfway down, there should be a dropdown menu that says Startup type. Make sure it is set to "Automatic". Hit Apply the OK.
7. Close the Services window, the task manager, and the game launcher. Then restart the entire computer.
8. When computer has restarted, run the launcher and log in. The download process should now start properly

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

– Yoda

Message 2 of 9 (682 Views)

★★★ Novice

I did all the above, its still the same speed

Message 3 of 9 (661 Views)

Hero

When you run the launcher do you see the letters ST on the bottom left?

– Yoda

Message 4 of 9 (653 Views)

★★★ Novice

No dont see them

Message 5 of 9 (647 Views)

Hero

Try a DNS flush, I know they failed back to an different ISP a few days ago, don't know if they switched back but try this:

1. Click start, then in search type "cmd" (without the quotes) and press enter.

2. In the window Command Prompt type: ipconfig /flushdns

3. Restart the launcher.

If that doesn't work also do a reboot of your computer.

– Yoda

Message 6 of 9 (664 Views)

★★ Apprentice

The whole swtor population is trying to download the patch they have to spreed it out some so right now there is alot of people the called in hooky at work just to be server first 65 which adds to your download speed. You can have a t3 line and still only get low speed.

Message 7 of 9 (632 Views)

★★★ Novice

That did it, thanks so much for your help

Message 8 of 9 (614 Views)

★★★ Novice

nvm worked for awhile but now back down to the same speeds. Normally i'm patient with this stuff but its been 15 hours of this *.

Message 9 of 9 (497 Views)