350+ Ping with only London and New york servers since last Friday

by GIN1X

Original Post

350+ Ping with only London and New york servers since last Friday

★★ Novice

Hi All,

I am unable to play Apex Legends since last Friday (14-08-2020) approx 19:00 my time (Amsterdam). The issue is the connection with LONDON & NEW YORK servers.
And yes, i do not pick LONDON or NEW YORK as my server, i pick Amsterdam, Belgium or what so ever. But the issue is that Apex put us in server pools. So even i have chosen Amsterdam, i can still get matched up on a LONDON server and then the fun starts. Its unplayable and i have a Speedometer on right top. 

Check my pings on these servers:

EU servers

London

So basically a lot of my games are unplayable. My Ping was all good before the time i mentioned. I have already spoken several people on Discord who have the same issue.

Any idea what the issue can be? I just feel bad that i have to leave a lot of games and leave my teammates alone or with 2. (not even trying ranked).

Message 1 of 5 (969 Views)

Re: 350+ Ping with only London and New york servers since last Friday

★ Novice
@GIN1X I have the same problem, 1 in every 3 games I experience extreme lag.
Message 2 of 5 (943 Views)

★ Novice

Hey,

I have the exact same issue.

This also happened since last friday, I'm not sure what time but it first occured that day.

I've had to stop playing ranked since the games just become unplayable.

What exactly happends: 

I queue up, get into a game and I can play the game just fine.

Than randomly 1 game I get into I get this 'Speedometer' sign on the top right of my screen and the game becomes unplayable.

Everything is teleporting, I pretty much can't see what I'm doing.

What I've noticed:

My London and New York pings are off, for me personally the London server is the worst.

As you can see in my links down below, London specfically is incredibly bad. 

As Ginix said in the post, even if we pick Amsterdam as server (which I always do), I still get put into a different server once in a while.

I can prove this since several famous streamers like ShivFPS and Dolphn generally play on London servers while I am on Amsterdam and I've been in their lobby plenty of times.

My servers/pings:

Where London and New York should be 

New York now 

London now 

One last thing I want to mention:

My provider is XS4ALL and a different person with this issue told me he is on the same provider.

This could mean that it has something to do with the connection between our provider to these specific servers.

I do not know this for sure, it is just something I wanted to add.

Message 3 of 5 (928 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’m experiencing lag once every 3 games on the PS4. In the games where I experience lag there is a constant red speedometer. Reconnecting does not help. I choose leave games because of this and stopped playing ranked for this reason.

Message 4 of 5 (874 Views)

★★ Novice

I now have this only with LONDON. New york seems to be fine, but i don't want to play on NA servers.

Literally 1 out of the 4-5 games are unplayable with 350 ping.

Message 5 of 5 (720 Views)