3’s Eliminator Connection Issue

by PhillyPhan83

Original Post

Re: 3’s Eliminator Connection Issue

★★★ Novice

Also, previous modem was in another house and returned to Comcast. This is a new service and Comcast has already had a tech out to run a brand new line from the telephone pole to my house. Everything is new: outside feed, inside feed, coax wall adapter, and Ethernet cord. No splitters in the house.

Message 11 of 20 (563 Views)

Community Manager

@PhillyPhan83 

I had trouble with those modem/routers in the past. Switching to my own separate modem and router made a huge difference. Just something to consider as it's possible this could improve your connection.

As far as this issue goes, is it only 3s Eliminator where this problem exists?

Aljo.png
Message 12 of 20 (556 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@EA_AljoAs far as I know, it’s the only game mode I play on NHL. I dont have any issues with any other games, EA or otherwise.

Message 13 of 20 (550 Views)

Community Manager

@PhillyPhan83 

Unfortunately, we're running out of options here. The only other thing I can think of, and I realize this is a reach, but we have seen instances where a new HDMI cable has helped with connection issues. I assume you've also cleared the alternate MAC address? One other thing you could try is deleting your gamertag off your console and downloading it again.

Aljo.png
Message 14 of 20 (544 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Aljo The HDMI cable is brand new also, and it’s a high quality one but I can try another one. Yes, I cleared the alternate MAC a few weeks ago when I did the port forwarding.
Message 15 of 20 (541 Views)

Community Manager

@PhillyPhan83 

Don't worry about the HDMI cable then. Since it's new, I doubt there are any issues with it. This is an odd issue for sure. We've seen a similar issue in the past that was caused by the gamerpic. This, obviously, isn't the case here. Unfortunately, I really can't think of what else could be causing this. You're welcome to contact an advisor to see if they have any other suggestions. To do that, you can message @EAHelp through Twitter or open a case with a live support advisor here: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/. You can also go to facebook.com/eahelphub to get in touch with support. They'll try to help with this.

Aljo.png
Message 16 of 20 (533 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Aljo Thank you for your help
Message 17 of 20 (531 Views)

Community Manager

@PhillyPhan83 

You're very welcome. If I can think of anything else, Actually, one other thing I just thought of is that this might be related to the gear you have on. It's a longshot, but have you tried setting all your customizations to default?

Aljo.png
Message 18 of 20 (526 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Aljo I have not, I will try that tonight. Thank you.
Message 19 of 20 (502 Views)

Community Manager

@PhillyPhan83 

Sounds good. If that doesn't help, try getting in touch with an advisor. Hopefully, they'll have some other suggestions. I'm going to be out for a few days, but if I can think of anything else, I'll update here next week.

Aljo.png
Message 20 of 20 (495 Views)