Original Post

Accepted Solution

25-30 FPS on low settings, Game unplayable

★ Apprentice

i5-6600k (not overclocked)

16GB DDR4 RAM

256GB SSD

Sapphire RX590 Nitro+ 8GB

Game is running on 25-30 FPS on low setting even when accessing the map.

Updated graphics driver & Windows.

As soon as the orange bar completes about 1/8 the game drops from 100 fps down to 28. 

In menu the fps goes up again.

Doesnt matter what quality setting I choose FPS dont change very much. 

I reinstalled it already, but its unplayable. Please fix this mess.... 

Message 1 of 15 (20,538 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: 25-30 FPS on low settings, Game unplayable

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I´m in the same boat with the very high CPU usage. And because of that CPU limit i get low fps.

I had that reported here:https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/CPU-load-95-100/m-p/8410642/highlight/true#M688

A user gave me the link to this performance test: https://www.dsogaming.com/pc-performance-analyses/need-for-speed-heat-pc-performance-analysis/

They had also very high CPU loads and because of that low fps. As you can read in their "Update" a user explained the issue and recommended to create a user.cfg to limit the used cores ect and it worked for them. I have not tried it yet but feel free to test it and report back please. Sounds like a workaround until Ghost fixes the issue.

"UPDATE:

It appears that the default online profile was the cause of our underwhelming CPU performance. By creating a user.cfg and limiting our CPU Processor Count, we were able to properly run the game (even without Hyper Threading). Kudos to our reader “connos” for providing the following solution.

You can limit your CPU processor count by creating a user.cfg file in the game’s main folder and using these commands. The config below is for quad-cores with Hyper Threading (4 cores, 8 threads). You can change these values to your liking:

Thread.ProcessorCount 4
Thread.MaxProcessorCount 4
Thread.MinFreeProcessorCount 0
Thread.JobThreadPriority 0
GstRender.Thread.MaxProcessorCount 8"

View in thread

Message 8 of 15 (20,378 Views)

All Replies

★ Apprentice
@DJBassNrg10 same here, 20-25 FPS in Menus and Ingame.

Ryzen 5 2600X (no OC)
16GB DDR4 2666 Mhz RAM
Game installed on SATA SSD, 256GB
RTX2070 8GB, latest Drivers installed.

I tried to Tweak the 3D Settings in the Nvidia Control Panel, tried different Setting in the Game, but it doenst matter if i use Ultra or Low Settings, everytime i have 20-25 FPS, maybe 30.

The only Thing i have noticed is, NFS Heat only uses 3Gb of RAM?
Message 2 of 15 (20,505 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I am also facing low fps issue. My config

i7-8570HQ

16 GB ram

1060 maxQ 6Gb

No matter the graphics settings my game hardly gives me playable fps and even that fluctuates like hell every time a crowded place come the fps drops like anything.

My cpu, gpu and disk all will be at 100% when the game runs. When i played Payback it was running smooth as butter but NFS heat is not playable even in lowest settings.

Message 3 of 15 (20,474 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @gamingprojekt  @DJBassNrg10  @AksChau, is anything over heating and when playing is anything 100% in the task manger? If disk is 100% in task manger, what program is doing 100% and what HDD/SSD do you use? 

/Atic 

Message 4 of 15 (20,444 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hey @EA_Atic, thanks for quick reply  although i was playing it on a laptop it was not overheating. And regarding the 100% question, in my case CPU, Disk and GPU are all in high 90's and constantly running at 100%. And it is being caused by NFS heat only. Also the game hardly consumes 3gb of ram. I have already applied for refund.

Message 5 of 15 (20,437 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@EA_AticHey, nothing is overheating. All Temps are about 60 Degrees Celsius. In my case nothing Shows 100% In the taskmanager. I have Now overclocked my Ryzen 5 2600x From 3.6 GHz to 3.9 and now NFS Runs about 40-45 FPS.. its far away From Perfect But it is at least playable for now. But its Not an Solution that will Last long for me because i dont want my CPU to be overclocked all the Time. Oh and what i dont understand?! Some Mates of mine say the Game uses 7-9 GB of RAM on their PCs... On my PC the Game only uses 3GB? I run my Ram on 2400Mhz, is that a Problem?

(Edit: I have the Game started now, on the same Config as yesterday, were i had 45 FPS. Now i have only 30-35.. How can it be?)

Message 6 of 15 (20,430 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Same here, the game run poorly with low fps and stutter at the race start or during night events in the city. It's unplayable at times.

I've Reinstalled the game 3 times already and reinstalled Nvidia drivers as well. Problems remain.

It's just a poor PC port, that's it. Awful performance, crashes, graphical glitches and fps loss throughout. Low, Normal, High or Ultra settings, doesn't matter. CPU usage is insane now. And I am not playing at full resolution here either, so, it's very concerting to me that the game is out at this horrible state. I've tried the game on Low, Normal, High and Ultra with Vsync off/on with other options lowered. (which makes it worse btw) Usually getting between 40 up to 78 fps at a time. With Vsync on get around 40 to 55 fps and the game still doesn't cooperate. It's a chore to run this game at 60 fps. NFS2015 and Payback run smooth, not Heat.

My rig: I7 4770

Cooler Master Seidon 120V Liquid CPU Cooler

Corsair PCU 650 watts

GTX 1070ti

16 GB DDR3 ram

2TB Samsung SSD

MB Asus sabertooth z87

1360x768, 60hz

Message 7 of 15 (20,411 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I´m in the same boat with the very high CPU usage. And because of that CPU limit i get low fps.

I had that reported here:https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/CPU-load-95-100/m-p/8410642/highlight/true#M688

A user gave me the link to this performance test: https://www.dsogaming.com/pc-performance-analyses/need-for-speed-heat-pc-performance-analysis/

They had also very high CPU loads and because of that low fps. As you can read in their "Update" a user explained the issue and recommended to create a user.cfg to limit the used cores ect and it worked for them. I have not tried it yet but feel free to test it and report back please. Sounds like a workaround until Ghost fixes the issue.

"UPDATE:

It appears that the default online profile was the cause of our underwhelming CPU performance. By creating a user.cfg and limiting our CPU Processor Count, we were able to properly run the game (even without Hyper Threading). Kudos to our reader “connos” for providing the following solution.

You can limit your CPU processor count by creating a user.cfg file in the game’s main folder and using these commands. The config below is for quad-cores with Hyper Threading (4 cores, 8 threads). You can change these values to your liking:

Thread.ProcessorCount 4
Thread.MaxProcessorCount 4
Thread.MinFreeProcessorCount 0
Thread.JobThreadPriority 0
GstRender.Thread.MaxProcessorCount 8"

Message 8 of 15 (20,379 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Ok i tested this and it works wonder as described in the dsogaming test.

I use 1080p, max settings with vsync in borderless window mode.

Without "Fix":

Screenshot_156.jpg

With "Fix":

Screenshot_159b.jpg

Message 9 of 15 (20,367 Views)

★ Apprentice
@x_Ak1504_x my cpu usage is now also better after this tweak it is around 60% but it doesn't affect my fps at all. no matter if I upscale to 200% or choose ultra.. its bouncing between 22 and 30 fps. disgusting.
Message 10 of 15 (20,340 Views)