[2017.628] Unknown file version (audio\ship\General Stream.mstr)

by YoMonkeyKing

Original Post

Re: [2017.628] Unknown file version (audio\ship\General Stream.mstr)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Kent just wanted to let you know that yesterday I uninstalled Apex and Origin using an EA guide if I remember correctly, and the guide was called uninstalling Origin - The Hard Way. After that I downloaded Origin and Apex again on a different drive. When Apex was done downloading I updated it, and now it seems to be working fine. I don't know if it keeps on working, or will it crash again after some time, but it's working now. I also made Origin not launch when starting my pc and deleted all temp files. 

Message 11 of 40 (19,759 Views)

Community Manager

@hotboys_keta 

I appreciate you following up to let me know!

I'm glad to hear that it seems to be working normally for you now. Thumbs up If it starts acting up again feel free to update us here and let us know. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 12 of 40 (3,251 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Well it did not work for long. I made a new post earlier today where I told about a completely new error that occured to me. Now I get the general.english.mstr error. I just repaired my game and I still got the error. Apex was working fine, but due to some difficulties with my pc I had to re-install windows, and now Apex is acting up again. I have tried repairing, updating, clearing origin cache, re-installing. Nothing seems to work again. This is really strange.

Below is a picture of the new error that I got by the way. I have never seen it before and didn't find a single thing when trying to look it up.

Message 13 of 40 (3,232 Views)

★★★★ Novice

After yet again re-installing the game I now got this error. It just never ends.

Message 14 of 40 (3,203 Views)

Community Manager

@hotboys_keta 

What happens if you rename that specific file that's coming up in the error message to something different? I've seen several cases where that can help with errors like this one. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 15 of 40 (3,188 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It didnt help. After that it said that the file can't be opened or something. I was re-installing the game yet again, but this time I got error while installing. I deleted the files from apex installer folder, expect the 3 that you're not supposed to delete and tried again. Didn't work. Now I'm re-installing origin and apex yet again.

Message 16 of 40 (3,171 Views)

Community Manager

@hotboys_keta 

Is the same error coming up after you most recently reinstalled them both? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 17 of 40 (3,151 Views)

Audio ship general error

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

530.946 Unknown File version *(audio\ship\general_ english_patch_1.mstr)

Having serious issues with the game. My graphics load slowly and the audio cuts out constantly. I can hear the background noise but half of the game's audio files just dont play. Eventually the game just crashes.

I've tried everything and more to fix it but I can't seem to figure out what is wrong. When I uninstalled and reinstalled origin and Apex, it fixed it completely for about 2 sessions. Then it went back to crashing again. I tried repairing, removing app data files, roaming files, and other files. I've tried flushing DNS and updating most recent graphics driver and windows 10. I've disabled anti-virus and screened my computer for corruption.

I'm desperate for some more advice.

Message 18 of 40 (3,150 Views)

Re: Audio ship general error

Community Manager

Hi @SPEEDYGON7ALES

When you have the chance could you pull up a DxDiag and share it here so we can take a look? For more info on how to generate the file check out the EA Help website

Once you have the text file please attach it to this thread. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 19 of 40 (3,099 Views)

★★ Novice

Sounds exactly like what I did. Installed Apex into my D drive and it worked perfectly. Then about 3 sessions later it started audio bugging again.

Message 20 of 40 (3,091 Views)