Re: [2017.628] Unknown file version (audio\ship\General Stream.mstr)

by NikBikBik

Original Post

Re: Audio ship general error

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@EA_Kent Here is my dxdiag

Message 21 of 40 (1,991 Views)

Community Manager

@SPEEDYGON7ALES 

Much appreciated!

Since you started troubleshooting this have you had the chance to try setting up a Clean Boot on your PC to see if that helps at all? If there is anything else running that could be causing the error that should help to get around it. 

For more info on how to set one up check out the EA Help website. Let me know how that goes when you can. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 22 of 40 (1,963 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@EA_Kent  Hi Kent, sorry for the late reply. Just had my first child and haven't had time to test it. I tried doing what you said and it is still happening. It's such an odd bug because every time I reinstall the game, it seems to happen on the fourth boot. Runs perfectly first three times then the next time I load up the game the audio bugs out, starts to crash, guns wont load, other players wont load, I get a bunch of errors at the top right of the screen, then I get the audio ship general error.

Do you have any other advice for me?

Message 23 of 40 (1,946 Views)

Community Manager

@SPEEDYGON7ALES 

No need to apologize! I appreciate you taking the time to follow up here. 

It's definitely strange that it would be working normally up until a point. Do you remember which of the red performance icons were coming up in-game when it happened? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 24 of 40 (1,921 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@EA_Kent  Prediction err0or, packet loss, and latency would pop up. Game freezes, music stops, audio cuts out, and guns won't load. I just did a RAM scan to check for corrupted ram and got nothing. I also installed a DirectX repair to see if it was something with DirectX. I'm not sure if the repair worked or not. It only extracted some files into the directX folder.

Message 25 of 40 (1,903 Views)

Community Manager

@SPEEDYGON7ALES 

Hmm, gotcha. I wonder if it may actually be connection-related. Can we try running through some connectivity troubleshooting steps to see if that helps at all? 

A good place to start would be with the basic connectivity troubleshooting steps from the EA Help website. If it keeps happening after that check out the PC-specific steps as well. Let me know how that goes when you've got the chance. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 26 of 40 (1,869 Views)

Re: [2017.628] Unknown file version (audio\ship\General Stream.mstr)

★★★★★ Newbie
@hotboys_keta Can zou send it to me to plss i have the same problem
Message 27 of 40 (1,764 Views)

Re: audio ship general stream.mstr

★★★ Newbie

am launching the game from  steam and there is nothing  such as repair in it (steam)

Message 28 of 40 (1,123 Views)

Community Manager

@lordphontoom 

Have you tried verifying the integrity of the game files in Steam? That may help. You can find more information on how to verify the game files at the Steam Support website

Let me know how that goes once you've had the chance to give it a try. Thanks!

Kent.png
Message 29 of 40 (1,104 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Kent
Sorry for the reply after the thread's gone silent, I have the exact same problem as user @SPEEDYGON7ALES with audio cuts and everything he described, as well as having the game run normally for a few times until the same error pops up and crashes again. Repairs on both steam and origin does not help at all, uninstalled and reinstalled a lot of times with the same error coming back each time. Uninstalling and reinstalling, repairing or playing on either platform of steam and origin don't make a difference, the error returns regardless of which one I play on
Message 30 of 40 (647 Views)