[2017.628] Unknown file version (audio\ship\General Stream.mstr)

by YoMonkeyKing

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[2017.628] Unknown file version (audio\ship\General Stream.mstr)

★★ Novice

I keep getting [2017.628] Unknown file version (audio\ship\General Stream.mstr) error Any Solution on how to fix it ive reinstall origin and windows multiple times 

Pc Specs 128 ssd 2 1 tb hhd

gtx 1660ti 

16gb ram 

ryzen 5 2600

Message 1 of 40 (16,722 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [2017.628] Unknown file version (audio\ship\General Stream.mstr)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Kent just wanted to let you know that yesterday I uninstalled Apex and Origin using an EA guide if I remember correctly, and the guide was called uninstalling Origin - The Hard Way. After that I downloaded Origin and Apex again on a different drive. When Apex was done downloading I updated it, and now it seems to be working fine. I don't know if it keeps on working, or will it crash again after some time, but it's working now. I also made Origin not launch when starting my pc and deleted all temp files. 

View in thread

Message 11 of 40 (19,849 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi @YoMonkeyKing

When you have the chance could you grab a DxDiag and share it here? For more information on how to pull one up check out the EA Help website

Once you have the file please attach it to this thread. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 40 (16,678 Views)

audio ship general stream.mstr

★★★★ Novice

So when I launch my game I sometimes get the EAC error but after trying a couple of times I get in the game, but my game always crashes in the lobby as soon as I click basically anything. Most of the times I don't even make it in the lobby when my game already crashes. I have repaired my game countless times and I tried re-installing it and re-installing it to a different drive. Nothing works. I can't play the game. I would like a fix for this because I paid for the battlepass and I would like to be able to play the game. This started happening after Season 5 launch. Also my friend did a post about this and it got moved to a threat where the solve was to install the game on an ssd. I do not have an ssd so I can't do that, and also buying new pc parts should not be the solution when my game has been working perfectly fine before.

GPU: RTX 2060

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600x

16gb ddr4 ram

Message 3 of 40 (16,710 Views)

Re: audio ship general stream.mstr

★ Novice
@hotboys_keta try repairing your game by going to origin launcher right click on apex legend and then "repair" to see if that fix the problem
Message 4 of 40 (16,692 Views)

Re: audio ship general stream.mstr

★★★★ Novice

@ex5ok as i already said in the post i have repaired my game multiple times already. Standard smile

Message 5 of 40 (16,673 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I blurred my pc name cus its my real name but here is my dxdiag @EA_Kent 

Message 6 of 40 (16,641 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @hotboys_keta

Thanks!

If possible could you attach the full text file for the DxDiag? If you're not comfortable attaching it publicly you can also send it to me in a direct message. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 7 of 40 (16,627 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@EA_Kent here

Message 8 of 40 (16,603 Views)

Community Manager

Got it, thanks!

Do you have Apex Legends installed on the same drive as Windows and Origin, or are they on different storage drives? If they're on separate drives, would it be possible to move them so they're on the same drive to see if that makes any difference? 

I've seen cases where having them installed on separate drives can lead to some weird issues, so I'm wondering if that might be what's happening here as well. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 9 of 40 (16,580 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Kent I have Origin and Apex on the same drive but Windows is on a different drive. I will try to move them on the same drive. I'll keep you updated! Appreciate the help!

Message 10 of 40 (16,561 Views)