2 Xbox's, Same internet connection and Leaf errors

by xaptur

Original Post

Accepted Solution

2 Xbox's, Same internet connection and Leaf errors

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

So, my gal and I both play Apex Legends. We are able to play about 1-4 matches together before we get a leaf error.

This didn't start happening till we moved and got a different internet connection( spectrum was the original and now its mediacom)

Details on what happens.
1. Whomever is hosting will get a black screen and won't connect to the match(this is after a few games).
2. After black screen it will say leaf error.
3. After pressing the A button it will put whomever was kicked back into the same lobby while the other player is in a match.

Attempts details,
We tried having someone else host and we join them. Same results except that it will randomly choose who gets booted.

Tried having each go to a different server, same results as 1.

Hard reset the xboxs and still the same problem as 1-3.

Resetting the router/modem will result in a repeat of 1-3.

Final information,
Playing a different game(normally overwatch and requires a full match played) then quitting and going back to Apex will let us play a few games but the whole process will repeat. This is the only game that does this to us.

Somewhat sure it has something to do with our 2 in1 router/modem combo, in order for us to even play console on this internet connection. We had to buy a router and disable the router section of the 2in1. And something to do with EA servers. 

Message 1 of 3 (455 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: 2 Xbox's, Same internet connection and Leaf errors

Community Manager

Thank you for the detailed breakdown of the issue. 

On your last point, just so we're clear, what step do you take exactly? Also can I check if you play non-Apex EA games and if so, do those act strangely too? Also can I check what router you are using?

Sometimes troubleshooting before a big update can be pointless as sometimes these things fix themselves, can you check if these isssues persist after today's update? (in about 7 hours)

Thanks again. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (422 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Thank you for the detailed breakdown of the issue. 

On your last point, just so we're clear, what step do you take exactly? Also can I check if you play non-Apex EA games and if so, do those act strangely too? Also can I check what router you are using?

Sometimes troubleshooting before a big update can be pointless as sometimes these things fix themselves, can you check if these isssues persist after today's update? (in about 7 hours)

Thanks again. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 3 (423 Views)

★ Novice

Netgear nighthawk R7000

It's back to one match per day. 

Forgot also mention the fact that we can play solo just can't group up. 

Here is a video of it

Message 3 of 3 (346 Views)