Re: 2 Simple Solutions to deal with overpriced items on GTN.

by NohandsR

Original Post

2 Simple Solutions to deal with overpriced items on GTN.

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

So i'm sure at one time or another on a late night or quickly buying multiple stacks of Matts of the GTN people have accidentally bought one of those deliberately over priced items on GTN

I bought 2 stacks of 4 items for what mu mind was registering as 433.99 but when in fact it was actually 433,990 so needless to say i lost a lot of credits about 3.4 million.

Two simple solutions to keep this from happening as much.

Protecting the players.

Freeing customer support to deal with more important issues.

Balancing out GTN prices.

!)  Remove decimals from unit prices. Round it up to the nearest credit this would illuminate a lot of mistaken prices on late nights of playing.

2) 15 Minute grace period to hit a return to GTN button. If you accidentally purchased an over priced item you would have 15 minutes to hit a button to return the said item to the GTN market. We already wait 1 hour to receive funds from sales maybe there could be a 15 minute delay before a person is notified that an item has been sold.

Two very simple solutions to fix a long standing problem since the beginning of MMO and credit selling companies and players,  taking advantage of players.

I'm really hoping this gets sent up the chain of command as it is not just beneficial for the customers but also saves the company a lot of wasted man hours and money dealing with support tickets dealing with this issue.

It's also the type of thing that would show that the game company cares about its customers and help reduce the amount of abusive behavior on the GTN.

Please give this some serious thought.

I have sent in a support ticket with the two suggestions will back it up with a phone call to customer support and bring it up at SWTOR Redit as it seems some of the developers actually do listen to some of the ideas and issues posted there.

Odds are i can kiss the 3.4 mil good bye but it will be nice to help contribute to keep it happening to other people in the future.

Cheers,

DorjeeVajra

Message 1 of 7 (2,833 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Made an error on the title "2 Simple Solutions to deal with overpriced item smas on GTN."

if a moderator to change it to "2 Simple Solutions to deal with overpriced items on GTN."

TY

Message 2 of 7 (2,748 Views)

[ Edited ]

@DorjeeVajra

Can post in the Suggestion Box as well

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 3 of 7 (2,480 Views)

Champion (Retired)

People (like me) would abuse the 15 minute grace period like crazy. 

The only fix needed is to right align the text rather than left align it. That's the easiest fix. 

Message 4 of 7 (2,111 Views)

★★★ Guide

This is a very good idea, a friend of mine got dinged for 8 million credits last night because he was tired and didn't notice the tiems switch from 403.85 per unit to 403850 per unit. A 15 minute grace period would have helped him, because he was so mad at the situation that he was talking about taking a two week break from the game. Maybe also an auto-sort by unit price would help, because it didn't sound to me like he had sorted the listings at all. 

I didn't click me to, because I didn't have the issue, but I was in chat last night with a friend that did (although he told the rest of the guild it was only 1 mill, he told me later the actual damage). It would also cut down on sellers who list a few items at a lower price and then put in items at the insane price, because he bought a couple of lots at the lower price, and he thought it might have actually been the same seller. 

It is easy to say "well, you should pay more attention to what you are doing", I was even thinking that last night (didn't say it to him, though, because he already knew that and didn't need to hear it), but it would be good to protect buyers from unscrupulous sellers, as well as shutting down credit sellers a bit more.

Definitely put this in the suggestions forum, this is a needed change (and for the record, I have never had this happen to me, ever, but it would be handy also for times when you buy something, and discover you don't really need it).

------------------------------------------------------------------
alt-maniac extraordinaire
the Harbinger server
too many 65s to count
Imperial and Republic player

NOT an EA employee, just a volunteer here to help
Permanently sleep-depped, runs on caffeine and chocolate
Slightly Sarcastic
Message 5 of 7 (1,725 Views)

★ Novice

Well a 15 minute grace period so I could go and buy all of someones items and return them and list mine for more and get all the sales. Great Idea!!! /s

Message 6 of 7 (1,595 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I always list things by unit price, clicking it twice for cheapest at the top. 

Message 7 of 7 (1,480 Views)