2.0 Update still stuttering/ghosting. When FPS fix?

by Hoshi82

Original Post

2.0 Update still stuttering/ghosting. When FPS fix?

★ Apprentice

After trying the 2.0 patch the performance in vr did not change at all compared to the release of the game. Someone said the fps lock was no more but can't confirm. No matter if I set the graphic settings to auto, low, medium, high or ultra I got the same results.

When will VR be optimized and fps uncapped?

Also the games crashes SteamVR everytime you exit the game.

My specs:

Valve Index HMD

Ryzen 9 3900x

RTX 2080ti

32gb DDR4

SSD

Message 1 of 24 (3,988 Views)

Re: 2.0 Update still stuttering/ghosting. When FPS fix?

★★★★★ Novice
@Hoshi82 FPS caps is removed for sure I can confirm, but that show now than the game need heavy optimization specifically for VR users.
Message 2 of 24 (3,950 Views)

★★★ Novice

Exactly, there is a serious need of VR specific testing and optimizations. It's clearly a bug that impact gameplay

I have a similar config : 

3900x

2070 Super

32 GB 3600 DDR4

NVME SSD

Valve Index

fsp in uncapped,

On a normal screen, all settings HIGH, I get above 280fps

In VR, all settings LOW, no SS, I barely get 80fps, an often there are dips and reprojection

Message 3 of 24 (3,882 Views)

★★ Novice

After the 2.0 update, I'm really missing the SteamVR Supersampling. It seems like I can only run the game at 0.8 resolution scaling now, and it looks way blurry compared to what I was seeing in SteamVR. I really hope they're working to optimize for PCVR.

Message 4 of 24 (3,805 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Same here. I have RTX 2070 Super. The funny part is that the game was fully playable in VR at 1.2 supersampling, Ultra details. However, the last couple of updates turned the game into a mess. I can't get a stable 72hz even on low settings at 99% in-game resolution. I'm really annoyed about this... I'm using Oculus Quest 1 with Link. Origin version. I love the game...but I can't play the pancake version anymore, not after I spent over 20 hours in the game...there is no turning back now.

Message 5 of 24 (3,677 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@matirish wrote:

Same here. I have RTX 2070 Super. The funny part is that the game was fully playable in VR at 1.2 supersampling, Ultra details. However, the last couple of updates turned the game into a mess. I can't get a stable 72hz even on low settings at 99% in-game resolution. I'm really annoyed about this... I'm using Oculus Quest 1 with Link. Origin version. I love the game...but I can't play the pancake version anymore, not after I spent over 20 hours in the game...there is no turning back now.

@wedgeismyher

After the 2.0 update, I'm really missing the SteamVR Supersampling. It seems like I can only run the game at 0.8 resolution scaling now, and it looks way blurry compared to what I was seeing in SteamVR. I really hope they're working to optimize for PCVR.

Hello there ! 

Same issues here with similar configurations.

I7 8th gen, RTX 2070 Super, SSD etc... 

I played squadrons on my ps4 pro until it died (sooooo sad), it was a very smooth and fluid experience.

I love the game ! Hotas + VR (instruments only) + Star Wars Starfighters = What a Dream ! Thanks again ! 

I bought this awesome game a second time (Steam PC version) to enjoy it on the oculus quest through link cable. 

Hope for Better graphics ? Performances ? 

Yes and no... Unfortunately... 

The game auto settings puts everything at maximum.

I Remember the game few updated after launch, was running pefectly fine in my headset through steam vr + oculus link without issues. In game + steam vr Resolution set at 100%. 

There were no lag/stuttering/frame drops/ghost frames etc... 

It was marvelous ! 

From a certain update, the game's performance in VR makes it "unplayable" to me...

Everything on the computer is daily updated. 

However, even turned with low graphics settings and resolution set under 80% i can't have a "simple 72hz" stable experience for now... #ghost frames/stuttering etc... 

Also, the game now launches in VR through oculus link, without or unconstantly using the Steam VR app. 

However the performances and frame issues remain... I can't solve anything... 

I played around 100hrs in those poor conditions because i love this game too much ! 

CPU and GPU stats keep between 40% and 60% (sometimes rarely hit just under 80%, quickly). 

Whatever i try, i'm not able to have a stable VR experience and enjoy this game more, without risking my health... 

Please help ! Really !

I have now the oculus quest 2 and i'm dreaming about Star Wars squadrons in full ultra settings at 90hz on my headset !

Please consider and support. 

Help ? Update ? Fix ? Settings advices ? Just please do something for it ! 

May The Force Be With You, Always... 

Message 6 of 24 (3,627 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@ChadSquadron88 This is exactly what happened to me. I'm wondering if RTX 2070 Super is the issue here? EA and Motive should really look into this, considering that majority of people use that card...If they don't fix this soon the game will just die...
Message 7 of 24 (3,570 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@matirishI believe in those fantastics devs !
The game can work well on our setup for sure, they'll find a solution ! (was OK few updates ago) 
Patience and hopes !

Message 8 of 24 (3,559 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@ChadSquadron88 I also believe that this is going to be fixed. It is an amazing game. Fingers crossed. And May the Force be with You too. This is the way.
Message 9 of 24 (3,555 Views)

★★ Guide

@EA_Atic

Hello there ! 

Still VR performance issues even after 4.0 update. 

Descriptions above. 

Thanks for all ! 

Message 10 of 24 (3,511 Views)