15-20FPS in BF5 Using GTX1080

by cheukhei28

Original Post

Re: 15-20FPS in BF5 Using GTX1080

★★ Apprentice

did you try dx11 + future frame rendering on?

Message 11 of 20 (965 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Yes, I tried both DX11 and DX12
Future frame rendering on and off
Message 12 of 20 (932 Views)

★★★★ Novice
are u running on latest windows build 1809?
Message 13 of 20 (915 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey cheukhei28, I´m in a similar situation with multiplayer but my FPS are good, I struggle with framedrops/lagspikes.

Like you, I tried everything, changed settings, and so on..
But to be honest, everyone knows you shouldn´t have to to that..

But well, in Battlefield games you will try everything that allegedly helped someone ^^

Like I said, I did that, too :D (with the last four battlefield games :D)

But it is a software issue and the best thing you can do is to reset everything to default that you changed and be patient.

What you can do in the meantime:

Type "perfoverlay.drawgraph 1" and "perfoverlay.drawfps 1" in the console, which will show you your CPU´s and GPU´s frametimes (time the CPU/GPU needs to render one single image which you see 60 of in one second when you use a 60Hz monitor, and which you will see 144 of in a second if you play a game at a 144Hz monitor and so on)

And then with the graphs and the FPS shown, just be ingame some time (do that with single- and multiplayer) and watch for those extreme spikes..

Whenever I feel a drop in the framerate, my frametimes go up ridicuously high (over 1800ms CPU and over 450 ms GPU)..

And that is one point you just can´t talk down like "your CPU is too weak" :D

But there it got interesting for me..

before I knew about the frametime-graph, I only felt the framedrops in multiplayer, but today I saw that they also happen in singleplayer (seems like my framedrops in SP are WAY shorter so I never really felt them)

My specs:

i5 7600k, 16GB RAM, GTX 970

I play multiplayer on lowest settings in FHD at DX11.

Tried every "fix" you can find in forums, the best I get is mid 90 FPS in multiplayer, but then there are the drops to mid 70 FPS (which always feel like drops to 15 FPS)..

I use a 144Hz monitor so I really care about high framerate, but if I cap it to 60Hz, everything is fine, not ONE dropped frame..

So all answers I get in discussions or a forum is "CPU bottleneck, buy an i7"

Sry for the long text, but I am very interested in this topic.. Mainly because 

Message 14 of 20 (876 Views)

★★ Novice
Mainly because I am very disappointed with the game..
Message 15 of 20 (873 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Yes, I updated to the latest Window
Message 16 of 20 (859 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I only experience fps drop to around 20FPS when I entered a populated server.
I have no such problem in empty server and singleplayer gameplay
Message 17 of 20 (858 Views)

★★★★ Novice

And just a quick update on my path of seeking frames

I contacted EA customer service and told them about my situation.

They said they received similar reports from other players,  mostly using the GTX 1080 graphics card.

They are still looking into the problem and should be fixed with an update in the future.

To be honest, I believe there are many players facing the similar problem and got replies saying that "You got CPU bottleneck" or "get an i7"

We tried everything we can, we saw benchmark from the similar build on youtube that runs smoothly.

It is not always a bottleneck problem.

Message 18 of 20 (857 Views)

★★ Novice

Good to know that they don´t completely ignore the problems..

Ohh and by the way: I used OSD with some sensors while I was ingame: And the results show: My CPU is not the problem; not in Singleplayer nor in Multiplayer: The usage of the CPU in general and also the usage of every of my four cores stays below 85%.

So much for CPU bottleneck :D More like "Insufficient use of available resources" 

GPU is at 99% in Singleplayer (which means a framerate from 90 to 110 FPS with lowest settings) where performance is never disturbed by drops.

In Multiplayer the GPU is at around 80% without ever going over 85% (which means a very inconsistent framerate with massive drops)..

Message 19 of 20 (838 Views)

★★ Apprentice

That is good they are looking into it.  Something between nvidia and BFV Official Release is doing something.  As during the Beta all my friends with 1080s had no issues.

Message 20 of 20 (828 Views)