Re: 1080ti i78700 not performing as they should bf1

by mcsupersport

Original Post

1080ti i78700 not performing as they should bf1

★★ Novice

Getting 90 to 120 for on this game when others who have the same specs as I do are getting 150 to 180, I've tried dx 11, you restriction on and off, resolution scale down to 100, I've put GPU as primary graphics on Nvidia cp, ive used ddu to reinstall drivers , I've tried lowering the settings ( same fps) I've tried changing the pre rendered frames, I've tried overclocking my ram and GPU my processer is nonk so I can't oc that , I've pretty much tried everything to get my for the same as others with my specs and nothing seems to work, I've also tried repairing the game files via origin any help would be greatly appreciated

Message 1 of 6 (650 Views)

Community Manager

@collin732

To get an idea of whether your setup is performing as it should, maybe you should compare your performance to a known configuration.

For example, what kind of FPS do you see on Ultra Quality, DX12 at 1080P?

Compare yours to the first graph at the below link, but do note the setup they are using is top tier.

https://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/geforce-gtx-1080-ti-review,14.html

barry.png
Message 2 of 6 (632 Views)

Hero

I have a 1080ti+8700k and 90-140FPS (depending on map) are about right for 1440p with everything maxed out.

carbonic signature

Message 3 of 6 (610 Views)

★★ Novice

I gotcha, I'm running at 1080p but I'm assuming that shouldn't make much of a difference thanks!

Message 4 of 6 (608 Views)

★★ Novice
Yes I'm getting 50-60 less fps then people with the same system specs as mine
Message 5 of 6 (592 Views)

You may want to run the game and watch/graph your CPU clock speeds, CPU utilization, GPU clock, GPU utilization and Memory Usages. 

I saw a machine on the MEA forums that ran into a MUCH worse issue of 10-20fps due to the CPU not ramping up during gameplay.  Found it by noticing that the GPU was only being used at about 25%....which lead to looking into why it wasn't being stressed if only outputting 10-20 fps.  So this may not be an issue with your GPU, but with info getting to your GPU.  Bios for Mobo updates, or other things COULD impact performance, but you need to nail down the choke point of the system to find out where to start looking at fixing it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 6 of 6 (578 Views)