100 Percent Packet Loss at EA's Server

by WalkingTallBP

Original Post

Highlighted

100 Percent Packet Loss at EA's Server

★★★★ Novice

In looking at the Data Center tab in Apex for the the East Coast servers (since I live in Kentucky), I noticed that at the EA server level roughly 4 or 5 of the servers show 100% Packet Loss.

I  used the Pool utility in UO Trace tool to test my connection to EA to some of the different EA servers even outside of Apex and noticed I was experiencing 100% Packet Loss once I reached EA's Network.  No where else along the route were there any high pings or packet loss until it hit EA's servers.

Most of the Network issues people have been experiencing here are the same ones as I have been having all day today with frequent crashes, lockups, disconnects,etc...

Message 1 of 11 (5,056 Views)

Re: 100 Percent Packet Loss at EA's Server

★★★★ Novice

My guess is this is causing most people's frustrationFrown

Message 2 of 11 (5,057 Views)

★★★★ Novice

As I mentioned in my first post this is an example of what I see when I look at the server and I see this outside of the Apex servers.  May be helpful...may not but there you go.  Bottom line....if you're trying to play on a server that is experiencing up and down packet loss, you're out of luck until they get it resolved.  You're connection will be all over the map and you're experience will be nothing but frustrating until it is sorted out.  The good news is, it's a bad * game we all want to play!  The bad news is, its a bad * game we all want to play!

I know the below the screenshot isn't the answer to all the issues but if you're are having connection issues, getting kicked, can't download, blah blah blah....likely it is related.

Apex Pings.jpg

Message 3 of 11 (5,034 Views)

★ Novice

i feel you i am running -1 PING AND 100 PACKET LOSS kinda sucks with could play but it is EA hopefully they fix..

Message 4 of 11 (4,919 Views)

★★★ Newbie

ME TOO.. HOW TO FIX IT ?? GIVE ME SOLUTION Frown I CANT PLAY ANY GAME TOO

Message 5 of 11 (4,792 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

I've also noticed this.. I live in belgium and apex mostly connects me to Amsterdam for lowest ping.. Here is a picture of 100% packet loss in my country (lasted about less than a minute then restored).. I'm sure this type of thing could crash the game if you even have a split second of this type of connectivity loss.. Ive been monitoring

easo.ea.com for more than six hours yesterday.. maximum ping delay went up to 1200 milliseconds during peak hours.. nothing left but to play the game when there's a bit less traffic (to enjoy some stable ping)

Apex2.png

Message 6 of 11 (4,789 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all, just so you are aware 100% packet loss is fine and can be caused by a number of things none of which will cause trouble. If you see packet less of anything from 1% to 99% then you can worry.

If you are seeing packet loss then the best thing to do is go ahead and spend some time going through our connection troubleshooting steps which you can find here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 7 of 11 (4,771 Views)

★ Novice

imh having 50 to 90 percent pocket loss in all servers. best server i get in netherlands with 40% pocket loss.

why i dont have any pocket loss in other games?!

Message 8 of 11 (4,626 Views)

★ Novice

Exactly the same for me.

Poor ping and severe packet loss for apex, totally fine for EVERY other game

Note, this was fine on launch only started happening 2 weeks ago or so

Message 9 of 11 (4,481 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@Slycat77 wrote:

Exactly the same for me.

Poor ping and severe packet loss for apex, totally fine for EVERY other game

Note, this was fine on launch only started happening 2 weeks ago or so

Got same wtih the above me but it's happening for more than 3 weeks for me.

Also 100% loss means you can't reach that server it's way better than high loss on all servers.

Message 10 of 11 (4,443 Views)