Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

100% GPU Usage in the Main Menu

by refeikes

Original Post

100% GPU Usage in the Main Menu

★★★★ Novice

My GPU is getting hammered by the game in the main menu, especially the Lootbox screen. Its permanently pinned at 99% usage and running hotter than even in matches of Galactic Assault, or in any other game i play.

So im asking myself: how can a MENU SCREEN be more demanding than e.g. Rise of the Tomb Raider on Ultra settings at 144 Hz??

GPU is a GTX 1080 @ 2000MHz, CPU i7 7700k @ 4.5Ghz

Can anyone explain this?

Message 1 of 4 (1,044 Views)

Re: 100% GPU Usage in the Main Menu

Community Manager

@refeikes

If you use a GPU overlay via Origin, EVGA Precision or MSI Afterburner etc. you may see the framerate be super high on that screen.

I was able to limit the FPS to the screen refresh rate using Afterburners' Riva Tuner Statistics Server. This YT video has the steps:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CvoHXzaHKY

Let us know if that helps, thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a post Answers your question please click on Accept as Solution.
Thank players and help them 'Level Up' by giving them XP.
Thank you for sharing your gaming expertise with your fellow players!
Message 2 of 4 (992 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I tried Installing Riva Statistics, and it showed me im only running 144 FPS in the menu as it should be with my Monitor, still the GPU is at 99% usage all the time. 

Message 3 of 4 (970 Views)

★★★★ Novice

not sure what brand computer you have but if its a asus rog control alt delete see if rog gamers first program is running under processes if so end it than try playing game

Message 4 of 4 (913 Views)

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help