100% CPU usage with heavy stuttering.

by Orin55

Original Post

Accepted Solution

100% CPU usage with heavy stuttering.

★★★ Novice

I bought the game 5 days ago, spent all of them trying to make it run smooth, now I can't even ask for a refund.

Multiplayer is impossible to play since the game stutters all the time, even on small, team deathmatch servers, with 10 people playing, my CPU always stay in 95%~100% usage on all cores all the time.

Tried lots of tweaks like: user.cfg,  BIOS tweaks, forcing the game to open in a 640x480 resolution with everything disabled and on minimum, nvidia tweaks, forcing cpu turbo always on, playing the game with everything else in the system closed, optimized the system, etc etc etc.

Nothing makes the stuttering go away.

Here's a pic I took form my MSI Afterburner overlay on a small map in a empty server.

Print 06-16-18 at 10.37 PM.PNG

Now, is there something that can be done, besides spending a fortune on new hardware(I say fortune because gaming hardware is very very expensive where I live).

Specs: Windows 7 Pro x64

8gb DDR3 1333mhz

I5 3550 @ 3.30Ghz 3.60Ghz Ivy Bridge

GTX 660 2gb

Message 1 of 8 (2,712 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: 100% CPU usage with heavy stuttering.

EA DICE Team

Hey @Orin55 try to run a clean boot to remove any programs that may be messing BF1 as such programs as MSI Afterburner and overlay programs are normal the big problems on what I have seen with Battlefield 1. 

/Atic 

View in thread

Message 6 of 8 (2,597 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Hello @Orin55

Sorry, but your CPU doesn't meet the system requirements for Battlefield 1:

Spoiler
Minimum Requirements

Processor (AMD): AMD FX-6350
Processor (Intel): Intel Core i5 6600K
Memory: 8GB RAM
Graphics card (AMD): AMD Radeon™ HD 7850 2GB
Graphics card (NVIDIA): NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 660 2GB
DirectX: 11.0 Compatible video card or equivalent
Online Connection Requirements: 512 KBPS or faster Internet connection
Hard-drive space: 50GB

Recommended Requirements

Processor (AMD): AMD FX 8350 Wraith
Processor (Intel): Intel Core i7 4790 or equivalent
Memory: 16GB RAM
Graphics card (AMD): AMD Radeon™ RX 480 4GB
Graphics card (NVIDIA): NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1060 3GB
DirectX: 11.1 Compatible video card or equivalent
Online Connection Requirements: 512 KBPS or faster Internet connection
Hard-drive space: 50GB

What I can recommend is upgrade your PC.

Message 2 of 8 (2,632 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks for the answer, but it really doesn't help much, as I said above.

Isn't there some kind of tweak, configuration or tip about it that I haven't tried yet?

Message 3 of 8 (2,592 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

There is a lot of reddit post about tweaking this game. It doesn't matter if you have high end CPU or not samething happens to me and i have i7 cpu with gtx 1080 and 16gb of ram. I hope i can link to you this reddit post which helped me getting ~20fps and eliminate stutthering

BF1 Stuttering/FPS Gain Tweaks Reddit / By Kashinoda

Message 4 of 8 (2,586 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks for the tip, Z3Mav, I've have tried most stuff in the topic, but I'll try using DDU to remove my drivers and test with every single driver since the minimum required to the latest.

Message 5 of 8 (2,552 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @Orin55 try to run a clean boot to remove any programs that may be messing BF1 as such programs as MSI Afterburner and overlay programs are normal the big problems on what I have seen with Battlefield 1. 

/Atic 

Message 6 of 8 (2,598 Views)

★★★ Novice

I managed to somewhat reduce the stuttering by forcing the pre rendered frames on my Nvidia panel to 1.

This reduced the stuttering by about 75%.

Sometimes for no reason the game even with this config still stutters, forcing me to restart the system and join the match again until it's playable.

At least now I can somewhat enjoy the game, but I'm really disappointed at the neglect, or even premeditated action of not optimizing for old CPU architectures, forcing you to buy the latest ones if you want fluid gameplay.

Which is very difficult, as a 2018 CPU costs about 5 times the minimum age in my country.

We can only have a naive hope that DICE will release a patch to fix the issue, and a even more naive hope that Battlefield V will be better at this regard.

Message 7 of 8 (2,361 Views)

★★★ Novice
Orin i might have bad news for you. (I Know it's only alpha and it will have memory leaks etc) but i noticed same problems in closed alpha as in battlefield 1 normal multiplayer game. Yea CPU might be the only true problem and also getting new is probably a solution as battlefield games requires a lot cpu power as it's mostly 64p games Standard smile
Message 8 of 8 (2,339 Views)