100% CPU Usage when match started

★★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number MSI RTX 2080Ti Gaming x Trio
Enter RAM memory size in GB 32gb 3200Hz G.Skills DDR4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? CoolGun-LSC
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? Yes
If yes, can you list them here? MSI Afterburner
If you disable this software, does that have any effect? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? All
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. World's Edge, can happen anytime. CPU usage at 100% loaded in a match, the only way to lower down the cpu usage was by looking into the sky or character's feet.
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. just by playing the game, 100% CPU usage and will crash by anytime.
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 1 to 2
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) since season 3 started
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? game freeze, need to end it by task manager. no error shown.
What should be happening instead? not crashing
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? i don't know

Hi,

I really don't know what i can do anymore. Game crash every 1 to 2 games. CPU usage 100% all the time in any match. updated latest Nvidia driver, repair the game, lower down setting, everything seems not working at all. All i found out was can reduce the CPU usage by looking at the character's feet or look directly up into the sky, the the CPU usage will be normal.

My setup:

CPU : Intel i7 9700k

Ram: 32GB G.Skill 3200 DDR4

GPU MSI RTX 2080Ti Gaming X Trio

Regards,

CoolGun

Message 1 of 8 (565 Views)

Re: 100% CPU Usage when match started

★ Novice

The same here, but with an i5-8600K processor, starting from season 3. I am playing since season one with the same graphic settings and it was working without any issue. 

Message 2 of 8 (499 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’m also having the same problem has there been a fix yet ?

Message 3 of 8 (495 Views)

★★ Novice
@CoolGun-LSC Did this ever get resolved for you? I saw on the dev tracker that they were addressing the problem but I still have my Apex at around 80ish% and 100% cpu use in total when I'm in game. Ever since the new season started its been like that. Before then apex barely used 35% maybe 40% at the most. Was wondering if the newest update helped you because I'm SOL right now
Message 4 of 8 (419 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

My problems actually started after the supposed patch that was aimed to fix this issue. Even capped the fps to 144 and it seemed to work for like 5 hours without crash but then it crashed again... Before the aforementioned patch never had a single crash

Message 5 of 8 (401 Views)

★★ Novice
@NotSundance I feel your pain bro. How do we bring this to their attention. Nothing I have done really changes anything and I have no idea what to do at this point. Everything is still playable but I wanted to see this issue investigated further because I'm sure there has to be others still dealing with this
Message 6 of 8 (385 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@DanAk1nI don't know. I am posting my problem to every thread that deals with this bug (there is quite a few). Twitted at every official respawn and ea account and no reply... I'm starting to lose all hope. Maybe it's time to get back to PUBG which I still like but Apex is better and all my friends play Apex and in PUBG there is only Solo for me left. Which kind of sucks because solos in PUBG are camp fest with ton of snakes... Please Respawn fix this problem Frown

Message 7 of 8 (368 Views)

★★ Novice
@NotSundance I haven't played PUBG and only played Fortnite for like 30 minutes. Apex has been my only BR game and I really enjoy it. There is just a lot of bugs and tiny things they need to address. Like give controller players the ability to move and loot also. =[ They are finally going to update the training area but it baffles me why they wouldn't add a moving targets(like the moving ones they already have) that are player shaped so you can practice leading your shots. Idk Im just ranting at this point lol
Message 8 of 8 (350 Views)