Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: 1.06: [Known Issue] - Emergency SOS quest on Kadara causes FREEZE / CRASH

by EA_Joker

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

Yes, I have a same problem in this planet Kadara when you making a task about ultraviolet lamps, coming closer to task point the game stopping, freezed and dirsa.

Message 211 of 235 (777 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Going through the game I've had a lot of little errors; some examples -

Spoiler

- The News bulletin about having completed Seller's quest was posted before I even received it, just because I had already scanned his friend's body

- The Firefighters quest played the announcement that the hydroponics bomb had already gone off, but then I was still able to diffuse it.  Also, not being able to tell her you cured her son when you did

- The Angaran Huskarl reappeared and told me I had done a fantastic job completing his side task while I still had 0/3 completed

- Sid's assignment to track raiders (eventually to Kadara surprise surprise) stayed stuck at 1/4 while scanning wreck #2 and #3 before updating to 4/4

- One of the bodies randomly disappears after scanning while tasked with counting bodies on Eos

- APEX missions often times reset their display to 0% chance to succeed after having sent the team on a mission with 70%+ chance of success

- Clear the mine field on Voeld getting stuck on the UI after fast traveling out of the area to avoid freezing to death and subsequently never again playing the "you are near a mine" sound that allows you to actually find them after that

- A "hidden cache" map marker that would randomly appear and disappear from the map of Voeld depending on where you were on the map

- That lady next to Kandros constantly offering her quest even after you already finished it

- The Nexus task "Talk to Sid" ALWAYS appearing when near Sid even after she has nothing left to say

- The memorial display hologram in the Pathfinder hall disappearing when you get near it and not coming back till a zone reload

- Various dialogue options staying white when no new dialogue is available; "tell me more about the ship" and "What do you think about the crew" from Kallos, "Asari Arc" and "War Stories" from Cora, "Battle Tips" from Drak

- Various dialogue options NOT staying white when new dialogue IS available; eg the info wall's "viability progress"

- Missing "Pathfinder Casual Outfit" from the wardrobe even when having the Hoodie

- "Improved shield generator" being stuck in the development menu and uncraftable because I already HAVE that upgrade installed when the schematic was given to me by that angaran tech on Voeld

- Inability to make pale skin tone characters in the character creator

- Sabotaging the Kett generators in post-colonized Eos has no apparent effect other than exp - it ought to turn off the sound and particle effects on the towers linked to each console imo

- Getting quest progression dialogue when driving near trigger sites on Voeld even after the linked quest has been completed; eg the asari shuttle signal off minerals and once got a message that SAM was adding a navpoint to help embattled angarans for a quest I had already completed and so no new navpoint was added

- The peaceful exiles in the mountains of Kadara say they need anti-biotics to cure their friend but I have never found a way to help them

- No followup or consequence to certain actions eg; the bartender in Aya sending a sample of paste to the nexus or the doctor in Aya sending angaran medical documentation to the Tempest

- Poor talent descriptions in regards to constructs; do +duration passives affect the VI's electric stun for instance?  Does the elemental debuff get applied by construct attacks?  Does it then buff further elemental construct attacks?  There was also a companion talent that added a dot to their ability but failed to list how long the dot lasted, but forget whose ability that was

- Under "low quality shadows" setting there is an odd bar of light above Ryder's left eye

- Ryder randomly says "We need to be able to defend ourselves" while walking around the docks

But THIS bug is the only one that utterly blocks an area off from progressing in, it was introduced by a patch rather than being in the base game, surely there is some console command to disable the texture or otherwise replace that texture with a substitute in the game files without having to wait for an official patch right?

Message 212 of 235 (754 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Exact same thing on Xbox One, alongside a terrible amount of other bugs and glitches. Did 1.06 fix anything? I find it hard to believe.
Message 213 of 235 (564 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Hey Pathfinders,

please download the hotfix that's now live. If you happen to run into the issue after applying the fix, feel free to post below.

Also unsticking this post since there are no new reports of this issue occuring.

Safe traveling!

Message 214 of 235 (1,213 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey, still having an issue with freezing when approaching the building for the SOS mission. Last time was around 11AM this morning. Is there anything I can do on my end? I've tried old saves, but issue still persists.

Message 215 of 235 (505 Views)

Hey @RickDad,

did you download a small update in the last two hours and have you tried afterwards?

Message 216 of 235 (493 Views)

Hey @RickDad,

did you download a small update in the last two hours and have you tried afterwards?

Message 217 of 235 (493 Views)

★★★★ Novice

PC, W10 64-bit, hotfix installed : Just beat the quest, entering the zone didn't make the game freeze/crash. The fix worked for me. 

The  Nomad shield upgrade still refuses to develop for me though, but I've posted specifics in the appropriate thread.

Message 218 of 235 (491 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had no update to download when I initially turned it on, or on any of the attempts to quit and reload. Is this update something that will be applied automatically on the xbox, or will I need to seek it out? Haven't had a chance to try it in the last few hours, and won't get another chance until late tonight

Message 219 of 235 (481 Views)

Great to hear @Ghost_LeaderBG - may your journey be crash-free from hereon.

@RickDad

The fix was just released about two hours ago - if you wanna check for an update, just check the XBox one side menu, that should show you any available games to install as well as updates.

Message 220 of 235 (478 Views)

me-andromeda-fem

Keep your account safe

We'll make sure it's you by sending you a code for your trusted devices.

Learn more about Login Verification on EA Help

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help