0x887a0006 Error

★★★ Novice

So I've recently build a new PC. Here are the specs:

Gigabyte Aorus RTX 3080 Xtreme
Gigabyte Aorus x570 Elite
Ryzen 7 5800x
32GB Ram
850w PSU (Corsair RM850x)

I'm getting this error just randomly whilest playing Apex. This is a game I play a lot and I never had this issues with on my previous PC. I don't know why a far better and newer PC has this problem?

I've searched online for a solution, and couldn't find one.

-I'm not overclocking anything.
-Drivers are up to date.
-Reinstalled Windows several times (clean install).
-Nothing seems to be wrong with the hardware. Temperatures, voltage and everything seem to be fine.
-Reinstalled Apex several times.

Temperatures and all other hardware usage seem to be fine. No weird behaviour.

After once more reinstalling Windows, updating everything and installing everything new, I got to play Apex Legends for several hours without a crash. But then suddenly, out of nowhere it crashed again.

I don't know what this causes this problem.. I've read some things about some hardware causing this issue, but again, it's all new and it works fine. Also I didn't had any problems on other titles yet.

On the 3DMark TimeSpy benchmark I got a score of 17000+. So it seems all to be fine.

I seriously think it might me my new PC since my old PC (gtx 1080, 16gb ram, i7 8700k, 650w)  didn't had that problem.  But then again, everything else runs completely fine.

This only happens when in-game. Not in the menu or on start up or whatever. Only when I'm literally playing and running around in the game.

What can I do? Is this a voltage problem or is there a setting that can cause this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 6 (669 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: 0x887a0006 Error

Community Manager

Hi @ThomasTromp Thanks for this, not sure if this may be a driver or settings issue, the things I could suggest to try are:

• Rolling back to a previous driver for your GPU
  • rest your bios to default ( i believe this one  actually did the trick)
  • rest your radeon settings to default

One other thing I noticed is your Bios version is one, where they called out enabling features for windows 11 requirements, I'm not sure if this would have an impact I will be sharing this with the team to see if we have any information available. 

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (491 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
@ThomasTromp To check can you run Origin and Apex as admin to see if this continues? Also, are you trying to overclock your PC?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 6 (646 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@EA_Illium Thank you for your answer. As I've already mentioned, I am not overclocking anything. Also running as an Administrator doesn't do the trick unfortunately. I can try it again, but I've already tried it before so I doubt that is the solution. I seriously don't get how my extremely good gaming PC has problems with this. Or I think it's the other way around? That Apex can't handle my pc? It's quite frustrating. Since playing this game and knowing it might crash any second isn't relaxing at all.

Message 3 of 6 (621 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @ThomasTromp I would recommend running the System File Checker tool first then running your device in a Clean Boot to see if this continues. If so would you be able to share a DxDiag?

Illium.png

Message 4 of 6 (574 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Illium I've created a DxDiag just to be sure.

Here you go. Can you see if anything is wrong?

Message 5 of 6 (551 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @ThomasTromp Thanks for this, not sure if this may be a driver or settings issue, the things I could suggest to try are:

• Rolling back to a previous driver for your GPU
  • rest your bios to default ( i believe this one  actually did the trick)
  • rest your radeon settings to default

One other thing I noticed is your Bios version is one, where they called out enabling features for windows 11 requirements, I'm not sure if this would have an impact I will be sharing this with the team to see if we have any information available. 

Illium.png

Message 6 of 6 (492 Views)