0x887a0006 ERROR (and 0x887a0005)

by smykoI

Original Post

Re: Game Freezing and Stops Responding 1 Min After Launch

Community Manager

@Areia25 

You've done some advanced troubleshooting indeed! Sorry to hear about all the trouble you're having and sounds like you really want to play the game if you're willing to do all of this.

I see that you're on an older Windows 10 build. Can you update to the latest one? Search "Windows Updates" in the desktop search bar to check for pending updates.

Once updated give it a go. If it still freezes on you, try a clean boot so we can see if it's a program running in the background causing it. Immediately launch Origin as administrator by right-clicking on the desktop shortcut once the PC boots back up.

How to Clean Boot your PC

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

Blueberry.png
Message 21 of 57 (1,128 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@EA_Blueberry 

Hi Blueberry,

I can't believe I missed the windows update! Unfortunately however, it still did not resolve the issue. I then performed a clean boot as recommended and ran origin in administrator but that also did not resolve the issue.

HOWEVER

This time when it froze, I did get an error message, which I don't usually get:

0x887A0006 - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG The application's device failed due to badly formed commands sent by the application. This is an design-time issue that should be investigated and fixed.

I'll let the incorrect use of 'an' in that error message slide if you are able to fix this for me, Blueberry haha

Thank you for the reply, I just want to play Season 2! :'(

Message 22 of 57 (1,116 Views)

Dot.: 0x887A0006 - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

★★★ Novice
@smykoI Did u get any solution? My best friend has the same exact problem on hix Rtx 2070 (0x887a0006 with 0x887A0005) since like a week, before everything was going perfect. We're really trying to find any help but nothing seems to work Frown
Message 23 of 57 (1,049 Views)

Dot.: 0x887A0006 - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

★★★ Apprentice

@PrawieAmbitny Nope. Stopped playing. I came back for season 2 - maybe they fixed it. Played for 10min tops and got crash. I dont have patience for this anymore. Tried everything, broke my windows 3 times. This isn't problem on my side that's just how this sh*tty game(love it but can't play it because of errors...) is optimized!

Message 24 of 57 (1,046 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Blueberry 

Just to follow on from this, today I also uninstalled Apex and reinstalled it on one of my other drives to no avail, and also added the following registery entry:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers]"TdrDelay"=hex(b):08,00,00,00,00,00,00,00

But still nothing :/ 

Message 25 of 57 (1,077 Views)

Community Manager

@Areia25 

Try rolling back your GPU driver and re-download/install the latest one again. If it's easy to pop open your tower, make sure the GPU is fully inserted into the slot.

Blueberry.png
Message 26 of 57 (1,055 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Blueberry 

Thank for the reply, Blueberry.

Opened up my case and my card is fully secured. Checked all the other components whilst I was at it. Rolled back the driver and performed a clean install of the latest driver, but still getting the same error :/

Message 27 of 57 (1,044 Views)

Community Manager

@Areia25 

Moved your post over to this one since it's related.

Do any of the recommendations from others fix this for you and did you ever try playing the game on an older driver version to see if it works?

Blueberry.png
Message 28 of 57 (1,038 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@Areia25  do you have any OC on your GTX1080? Is your XMP profile enabled or disabled (RAM OC). Did you change something in your setup? Try to "repair" DirectX its in Origin Games -> Apex ->_Instaler -> DirectX -> redlist -> DXSETUP.exe.

@EA_Blueberry I'm serching for solution to this since game launched, without any luck. I did formated my PC 3/4 times broke windows like 5 - BSOD. Tested all my hardware - it's fine. All games are running smooth with bigger stress on GPU than Apex. My PC is passing all benchmarks; running stable for 30 min+. One and only thing that i can't do on this PC is run Apex without crash for no longer than 10min in game(TRAINING MODE). For some reason sometimes i can play longer in normal queue but all ewentualy leads to crash device_hung. SO please for my health sake( Wink ) can you confirm that this is in fact problem with game it selfe... (guy from PL EA support told me that, but that is just one person. I spoke with few EA support members and only this one told me that Respawn is working on it. The rest told me to update drivers) 

DxDiag - thats just habit of mine these days^^

Message 29 of 57 (1,018 Views)

★★ Novice

Ok so I've figured out it was my GPU causing the issues. I'm not sure why it only affected Apex though.

I completely removed my GPU, cleaned it out, put it back in and it wouldn't start up. Was playing around with it and eventually got it to start up but it kept causing blue screens, so I took it out and put it in one of the other slots, and 1 blue screen later, it's working. I launched Apex and have been playing crash free.

So I think my GPU is on it's last legs and I've managed to kick start it for now. Will update if I find out anything else.

Message 30 of 57 (1,003 Views)